Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Impossible-To-Update" Wii (Super Hard To Brick)

Retired WiiHacks Staff ShadowSonic2's Avatar

The Impossible-To-Update" Wii (Super Hard To Brick)

This guide contains some dead links. The wiihacks staff is in the process of updating these

This guide was not only made by me, but by streamlinehd, so don't forget to thank him too!
    We present to you…..
    WiiFFFF aka TiuWii (The Impossible to Update Wii) aka SysMenuX

You should keep in mind, this may be a very ADVANCED mod, somethings might be broken (or may work perfectly fine). It's recommended that you have a NAND Backup and bootmii installed as boot2. This is a heavy mod and there can almost be a guarantee that if you fail this mod without having bootmii/boot2, you will be bricked for life. This is at your own risk

NOTICE: USING ONLINE UPDATES FROM NINTENDO WILL UPDATE YOUR BOOT2 UNLESS ITS THE LATEST (V4) THUS REMOVING BOOTMII/BOOT2 ALONG WITH IT. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE LATEST BOOT2 AND PRESS UPDATE, BE SURE TO REINSTALL BOOTMII AFTERWARDS!

[SPOILER=Click Me]
    Be sure to read the spoilers titled 'Things Needed', 'This Mod will Install' and 'FAQ' before reading install. The password will appear after reading the FAQs.
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER= Things Needed]
    Softmodded Wii with iOS249 installed and BootMii as an iOS or boot2. If you don't, softmod using one of the following;
    -New 3.1 - 4.1 Softmod any Wii (by DogEggs)
    - Softmod any 4.2 Wii (by ShadowSonic2)
    - 4.3 SoftMod Guide (by Mauifrog)
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=This Mod will install]
    1. iOS20-v65535 (Same patches as DARKCORP)
    2. iOS30-v65535 (Same patches as DARKCORP)
    3. iOS50-v65535
    4. iOS60-v65535 (All Patches Enabled)
    5. iOS70-v65535 (All Patches Enabled)
    6. iOS80-v65535 (All Patches Enabled)
    7. iOS150-v65535
    8. iOS202-v65535 (Using iOS60 as base and Hermes v5.1 patches)
    9. iOS222-v65535 (Using iOS36 as base and Hermes v4 patches)
    10. iOS223-v65535 (Using iOS37 + iOS38 as base and Hermes v4 patches)
    11. iOS224-v65535 (Using iOS57 as base and Hermes v5.1 patches)
    12. iOS236-v65535
    13. iOS249-v65535
    14. iOS250-v65535 (Using iOS57 as base and cIOS-rev20 patches)
    15. iOS255-v65535
    16. cmios-v4_WiiGator_GCBL_v0.2
    17. CFG USB Loader v61 with Fowarder (running off of iOS222)
    18. System Menu X (v66635) (Running off of iOS150)
    19. Priiloader 0.4
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=FAQ]
    Q: What does this do?
    A: This will install several iOS (see above list) and a 4.1 System Menu to your system. These several iOS are special, they are set as version 65535 - The highest possible version for a Wii system title. This way, Nintendo cannot remove any cIOS.

Q: Why do I need a NAND Backup and bootmii installed boot2?
    A: It's not 100% required but in the event that something goes wrong, you're covered. Since this is an extreme mod, failure at ANY level can result in a full brick which can only be repaired with bootmii/boot2. Everything done to your console is at your own responsibility! This has been tested on a USA Wii.

Q: What's the point behind this?
    A: Simple, Nintendo's updates always bring new iOS that are needed to run games or new channel updates. Sadly, for soft-modders, updates cost us our homebrew. With this mod, you will be able to safely hit the update button without losing your backup loading abilities, patched iOS and Homebrew Channel

Q: What is the password for the packs?
    [SPOILER=Click Me for the Password]wiiffff[/SPOILER]
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Downloads]
    MAKE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE RIGHT PACK!
    SysMenuX USA Full Release - HERE
    SysMenuX PAL Full Release - HERE
    SysMenuX JAPAN Full Release - HERE
    SysMenuX KOREA Full Release - HERE
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=BootMii/Boot2 Installation via cBoot2]
    WARNING: Make sure to have a NAND Backup and BootMii as boot2 installed!
    1. Format your SD Card to FAT32 (REQUIRED). This will delete everything of your SD Card so make a backup if you need the files. After the format, leave the card empty!
    2. Unzip the downloaded pack and place the files on the root of your SD Card. The root (main directory)
    3. Run the MD5 checksum file and ensure everything verifies without any error. If it fails to verify, you must re-download the pack for your region again.
    4. Insert SD Card into Wii and power on Wii.
    5. Multi-Mod Manager will start, choose "Load Another iOS" and choose iOS249 or iOS36.
    6. Select WAD Manager from the menu.
    7. Press '1' on the WiiMote then 'A' to select and install all the files.
    8. Ensure that all WADs install without error (Especially, SystemMenu v65535 and iOS150). If any fail, see the trouble-shooting section of this guide.
    9. Keep pressing 'B' to exit the WAD Manager section and go back to the main menu.
    10. Choose App Manager and load up Priiloader.
    11. Install Priiloader using iOS249 by following the on-screen instructions (Press + while holding down 'B')
    12. After the Priiloader installation, press and hold the reset button on your console to ensure that it installed properly. Ensure that Priiloader shows iOS150 Systemmenu v65535 in the lower left hand corner of the screen.
    13. Go to System Hacks and enable hacks of your choice. NOTE:You wouldn't be able to update your system if you enable 'Block Disc and Internet updates'
    14. Optional: Go into the Wii Settings menu and press Update. Allow the update to finish and do not do anything risky.
    15. If you did the update, remove your SD Card afters and reboot your Wii. Watch the light of the DVD Drive as it boots up. If it blinks twice, skip the next step. If it blinks once, you will have to re-install bootmii using the HackMii Installer.
    16. To play backups, use the provided CFG USB Loader Fowarder channel.
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=BootMii/iOS Installation via BannerBomb v2]
    WARNING: While BootMii as an iOS can't save you from a full brick, make sure to atleast have your keys.bin and NAND backup!
    1. Format your SD Card to FAT32 (REQUIRED). This will delete everything of your SD Card so make a backup if you need the files. After the format, leave the card empty!
    2. Unzip the downloaded pack and place the files on the root of your SD Card. The root (main directory)
    3. Run the MD5 checksum file and ensure everything verifies without any error. If it fails to verify, you must re-download the pack for your region again.
    4. Insert SD Card into Wii and power on Wii.
    5. From the system menu, select the SD Card icon.
    6. Multi-Mod Manager will start, choose "Load Another iOS" and choose iOS249 or iOS36.
    7. Select WAD Manager from the menu.
    8. Press '1' on the WiiMote then 'A' to select and install all the files.
    9. Ensure that all WADs install without error (Especially, SystemMenu v65535 and iOS150). If any fail, see the trouble-shooting section of this guide.
    10. Keep pressing 'B' to exit the WAD Manager section and go back to the main menu.
    11. Choose App Manager and load up Priiloader.
    12. Install Priiloader using iOS249 by following the on-screen instructions (Press + while holding down 'B')
    13. After the Priiloader installation, press and hold the reset button on your console to ensure that it installed properly. Ensure that Priiloader shows iOS150 Systemmenu v65535 in the lower left hand corner of the screen.
    14. Go to System Hacks and enable hacks of your choice. NOTE:You wouldn't be able to update your system if you enable 'Block Disc and Internet updates'
    15. Optional: Go into the Wii Settings menu and press Update. Allow the update to finish and do not do anything risky.
    16. If you did the update, remove your SD Card afters and reboot your Wii. Watch the light of the DVD Drive as it boots up. If it blinks twice, skip the next step. If it blinks once, you will have to re-install bootmii using the HackMii Installer.
    17. To play backups, use the provided CFG USB Loader Fowarder Channel.
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Credits]
    - streamlined for SysMenuX and contributing ALOT to this
    - Cile, Krafter and mauifrog for some of the iOS/ciOS wads
    - Creators of DarkCorp for iOS
    - Creators of MultiMod-Manager
    [/SPOILER]

Be sure to press the thanks button and follow me on Twitter (@ShadowSonic2) and Donate to WiiHacks.com to help keep it alive.
    Last edited by Bliepo; 01-09-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Fixing some dead links - more to follow

[SPOILER="USB Loaders/Backup Disc Loader FAQ"]
    • Q: What USB loaders are supported by WiiFFFF?
      A: CFG USB Loader and Wiiflow are both supported however you must download the versions for use with cIOS222 which are linked in this guide.

• Q: Does Neogamma work with WiiFFFF?
      A: Yes, it works perfectly off cIOS249 v65535 (from this guide)
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Troubleshooting WiiFFF Installation"]Problem: All wads didnít install properly.

Solution: Load a different IOS in MMM Ė From the MMM main menu choose to load a different IOS and first try loading IOS249. If wads donít install properly with IOS249, load IOS36 and try again. If wads still donít install with IOS36 try loading IOS250. Once IOS236-v65535 is installed it will auto-load and the rest of the wads should install without issue.
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Banner Brick/Theme Brick Recovery Discs for SM X"]While System Menu X is very difficult to fully brick, it is still just as easy to banner brick or theme brick (shame on you). With this in mind, I will be releasing a couple recovery discs for use with System Menu X just in case you find yourself stuck without a functional Priiloader. Please keep in mind that you will need to have System Menu X installed as well as have a disc drive that can read DVD-R backup discs for this to work. The recovery discs listed here are for use with System Menu X only and will not work with any other System Menu.

Recovery Disc #1 - Multi Mod Manager for System Menu X

Recovery Disc #2 - Official Nintendo Syn-Backup Recovery Disc for System Menu X

• Burn with Imgburn at 4X on DVD-R disc

• Power On Wii and insert disc - Recovery disc will start automatically

• Insert SD card, choose Save All and wait for backup to complete

• Choose Delete All and press A twice to confirm

• Exit to System menu

• Complete the initial Wii setup

• Run recovery disc again and choose Restore

• Your Banner/Theme Brick has now been fixed!

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="System Menu X (Wiiffff) Priiloader hacks.ini for all regions"]
    hacks.ini - This is also included in the System Menu X pack.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="System Menu X (Wiiffff) Priiloader v0.6 hacks_hash.ini for all regions"]
    hacks_hash.ini - To be used with Priiloader v0.6 [/SPOILER]
    Last edited by streamlinehd; 01-03-2011 at 03:01 PM.
    Cogita ante salis
    If you're happy with the help I provided, don't forget to hit my thanks button

Hi thank you for the update...... but when i try to set system hacks, it says there is no hack.ini found on the nand.... what does that mean? thank you in advance

Did you download the new pack in this guide. It's been revamped so you should try downloading the new pack for your region and using the hacks.ini included in the pack.
    Cogita ante salis

yup... followed the guide exactly. Priiloader doesn't load though. I just tried using the edit priiloader hacks from the mmm. Should I try the guide again?

The hacks.ini for USA works fine but it must be the one for System Menu X. The hacks.ini for any other menu will not work. Take a look at my previous post. I posted a link for all regions, just make sure you use the correct one.
    Cogita ante salis

Ya I still can't seem to get priiloader to work still. Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by aznized View Post
    Ya I still can't seem to get priiloader to work still. Any other ideas?
    Are you having issues installing Priiloader itself or just the hacks for Priiloader? Make sure to use cIOS249 to install (press and hold b and press +)
    Cogita ante salis

I think priiloader is installed.... i followed the guide but priiloader doesnt load. i usually control priiloader hacks through mmm

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast