As previously reported, the USB Gecko in a Special Edition (SE) revisited. Behind the USB Gecko SE puts no less than the original developers of the USB Gecko, Nuke , 2009, the homebrew scene and leave the Gecko firmware released under the GNU GPLv2 has the USB.

USB Gecko Special Edition is a custom made device which gives programmers the ability to connect their Nintendo Wii or Gamecube to a Windows PC or Apple Mac computer. The device can be used for remote debugging of code, uploading and downloading of data and with an easy to use software development kit and API.

USB Gecko Special Edition is completely Open Source and comes with source code examples and helpful support

[SPOILER="FAQ"]What is USB Gecko SE?
USB Gecko SE is a custom hardware interface device which is designed to allow connectivity of a Nintendo Wii or Gamecube console to a Personal Computer. The device then allows programmers the ability to develop their own custom applications using the USB Gecko Software development library (API).

How does USB Gecko SE work?
The USB Gecko SE plugs into the Memory Card Slot of the Wii or Gamecube console which then acts as a custom Serial Port which is controlled via C code on both the console and the computer.

Does USB Gecko SE work on a retail Wii console?
The USB Gecko SE is software controlled which means to run your applications you will need a software launcher application to run your programmers. The recommended application for running homebrew software is The Homebrew Channel.

Does the USB Gecko SE work on all Wii Consoles revisions?
It will run on any Wii console that can run custom code i.e The Homebrew Channel. If your Wii can not run such application then the USB Gecko will not run. If you are unsure if your Wii is supported, please contact us or post in the support forums.

Does USB Gecko se work on my Operating System?
USB Gecko SE is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Mac OSX (Intel). Software drivers are required and are listed on the website in the resource section along with Installation tutorials. USB device drivers for the USB Gecko only have to be installed one time.

I am a programmer, do you have source code examples?
Yes the USB Gecko SE software development kit is free to download in the resource section, it contains a sample applications which shows how to operate the USB Gecko on Windows and Mac OSX (Client) and also the Wii (Host) using a command driven approach. The Code is written in C and is easy to understand.

Is the USB Gecko SE backward compatible with USB Gecko
Yes it is 100% backward compatible.

Will the USB Gecko SE run on a Development Wii?
Yes, however we can not give support to Official Licensed Developers as the USB Gecko is an unlicensed product and is not supported, endorsed or recommended by Nintendo.

What are the differences between USB Gecko SE and USB Gecko?
We fixed some issues with the PCB and casing, also made some minor improvements to the firmware. There is now an LED and the case is a Transparent blue color. There are some extra software commands which control the LED and some added data send and receive commands.

Is USB Gecko SE faster then USB Gecko?
There are no speed difference as both products use the same USB chip for the transfer operations.

Does the USB Gecko SE come with Warranty?
Yes it comes with a 12 Months warranty.

Where can I order a USB Gecko SE?
We accept orders on the website via PayPal and Secure Credit Card.

How long does it take for my parcel to arrive?
We use 2 different methods of shipping, One is EMS and the other is Fedex. Both services are Air Courier services and take less than 1 week to arrive. All customers are emailed a tracking number so they can track the number online at any time to the destination. All parcels will required a signature.

How long does it take for my parcel to arrive?
We use 2 different methods of shipping, One is EMS and the other is Fedex. Both services are Air Courier services and take less than 1 week to arrive. All customers are emailed a tracking number so they can track the number online at any time to the destination. All parcels will required a signature.[/SPOILER]

The USB Gecko SE is now available on the website available for sale via PayPal.

Source- usbgecko