wiikey 2 firmware 1.2 update help needed
I just installed my wiikey 2 chip and ran wii sports and then I burned the 1.2 update that also has the config. utility on it from wiikey.cn. I used Imgburn and it came out to I think 1.3gb and showed it burned good but after installing the burned dvd into my drive it won't read it at all. Any ideas on what i did wrong? I used a dynex dvd-r at 4x speed. My current firmware is 3.3u.
it should be 4.3 gigs -,_-, but heres what i think is wrong
odds are you have firmware 3.3v2 which blocks fake signed games, since its a installer that reads like a gc game, it wont run, install homebrew channel and downgrade or try to forceboot it in gecko OS
the wiikey 2 that I received was the white sticker version so I take it that it does not have the latest 1.2 firmware loaded on it already? Is my only option to downgrade is to install homebrew channel and downgrade through there? As far as 3.3u blocking the fake signed games I thought that it what the mod chips are for is to override that from happening. I'm a noob, so pardon me..lol.
nope their different, each disc has a sign, that it over writes, but if you edit a disc it goes from
nintendo to tuchla or how ever its spelt, so its either that, or your sol sorry
Admiral, I read that the 3.3 v2 was released october 2008 and i bought the unit in august and my nephew may have upgraded via the internet but well before October and i know the other night when i installed wii fit the system made me upgrade to 3.3u (not connected to internet) so do u think i have the first version of 3.3u wothout the fakesigning? Do you think I burned the disk correctly?
sorry, i just read that the original 3.3 was updated with ios30 which blocks fake signing. So either way I guess i have to install homebrew. Thanks for ur help
ummm im sorry to say, you got the wrong info that was V3
"June 16, 2008 3.3 Flag of the United States Flag of Australia Flag of Europe
* Mii Channel updated to allow users to move a Mii from the Mii Plaza to Mii Parade.
* Also added "Internet Channel" typing features. (Example: hitting the " - " (minus) button now acts as a backspace when naming new Miis.)
* IOS30 and IOS31 were patched to prevent Trucha-signed content such as the Wii Freeloader from running.
* The Menu's check for modified save files only checks for and removes the Twilight hack."
"July 22, 2008 3.3 Flag of the United States Flag of Japan Flag of Europe
* Photo Channel updated to 1.1-A.
* Provided support for the Digicam Print Channel in Japan."
that was V2 xD
"October 23, 2008 3.3 Flag of the United States Flag of Australia Flag of Europe
* Wii Shop Channel updated by adding "View compatible controllers" module in the details section of a game and a classification summary on games.
* Remaining IOS (those that were not patched by the June 16, 2008 update) were patched to prevent the installation of Trucha-signed content."
that is V3
V2+ blocked it, so you dont have the first one you have the 2nd one
I have 3.4 firmware and it reads my config disc no worries?
either im wrong *never tried it out, and just going off simple logic* or you did the ios50 and shop channel patch on the bug fixer
I think if I say did what now? Then you'd get the idea that I haven't done any leet hacking lol.
Originally Posted by admiral victorinox
The wiikey config disc afaik is burnt to a gamceube size, I just burnt it with imageburn and it worked fine no worries