Nancy the Moderator
VWA, Game Master, News Hound
Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
Easy GL2D is a library designed for rendering 2D code in the NDS' 3D core.
Library size is very small (less than 10 kb)
• Very fast
• Easy to maintain and refactor existing code
• Abstracted interface
• Code is easily portable to other platforms
• Can combine 2D and 3D seamlessly
• Almost unlimited palette usage in a single frame
• Can handle non-power of 2 sprites
• 3 types of translucency (2 via textures and 1 via polygon format)
• Lots of sprite effects (colors, alpha, rotation, scaling, shearing, etc.)
• Optimum VRAM use
• Paletted(almost limitless) and high-color mode can be used together.
• Emulators are slower in emulating the 3d hardware than the OAM.
• glPutPixel, glLine and glBox only works on a real DS and No$GBA and not on deSmuMe.
• You still have to learn how to use the sub OAM and sub BG since this lib is main engine only. You can use the video capture to render on both screens but that would limit your FPS and would use valuable VRAM.
1 . Copy the distributable/libnds folder to your devkitPro directory.
or you can copy the /include and /lib folders under the /libnds directory of devkitPro.