Thread: Disc Channel Image??

Disc Channel Image??

Ok My question is how do I get the image on the disc channel as if I popped in the original disc? Or better yet is it possible to play a backup disc on the disc channel? (Besides Darkcorp, I keep seeing negative comments about that lol)

I modded my wii about a year ago and it works great, but if I pop in a backup disc, nothing shows up on the disc channel at all and I always thought it was supposed to be like that. But last week I modded my nephew's Wii and when I popped a backup disc in, the disc channel showed the animated junk as if I popped in an original disc? Does anybody know what made it do that on my nephew's Wii but not mine?

Retired Staff
    either darkcorp (not recommended) or got here: Welcome to Modchip Depot - Modchip-Depot.com and buy a mod chip.

Better still, just keep using neogamma or another loader, this also protects you from updates on the disc (even better, get a USB HDD and boot directly into the loader !)

Thats kinda what I thought, and I am already using it the way you just suggested. BUT, that doesnt answer why my nephews Wii has the animated Disc Channel when I popped in a backup disc

Retired Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by snyperthugs View Post
    Thats kinda what I thought, and I am already using it the way you just suggested. BUT, that doesnt answer why my nephews Wii has the animated Disc Channel when I popped in a backup disc
    becuase he has a chip or cIOScorp/darkcorp

No he does't. Im the one who modded it for him. It shows up as if I popped in the original disc BUT it does not play though the channel

If you're so sure you don't have DARKCORP or a modchip installed, I don't really see what you're worrying about? So the banner shows up when popping in a disc? Big deal... Just use NeoGamma and don't worry about it. Who cares that it shows the game banner instead of a Wii disc which fails to spin into a black slot?

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    How far apart are the ages of your wii's

If his is older it prolly is a diff drive then yours!!

Yeah His is older, but they both read backup discs. Was just currious to why his did that and mine didnt, and I modded them both the same way

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    The great Mysteries of the WII Console!!!!

(we dont know why)

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    My Wii will show the animation with a backup disc in it. Of course it won't launch because I never touched failcorp and have no chip though. If it's any help my Wii started life as a 3.4U if the older drive theory holds true.
    "Hackers solve problems and build things, and they believe in freedom and voluntary mutual help." - Eric S. Raymond