Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Western Digital 500 GB MyPassport Essential USB disk

Western Digital 500 GB MyPassport Essential USB disk

Hi, has anyone tried the Western Digital 500 GB MyPassport Essential USB disk with Wii - does it work ok ?
    Because I have never tried a Harddisk without a AC adapter powersupply.

All-Around OK Guy
    Check the compatability list on this site. For what is worth, I have the same model, but 1TB. It works perfectly. Hope this helps.

Ok, great to hear - and is that the USB harddisk without seperate Powersupply and only connected by USB ??

yup, the WD500GB be directly connected to the "outer" usb port of Wii (placing vertically), without the need of a separate power supply.
    the 1TB WD usbhdd is of dual-disc. it may cause read error when used for Wii gaming.
    again,500GB, highly recommended.

All-Around OK Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by hebsbebs View Post
    Ok, great to hear - and is that the USB harddisk without seperate Powersupply and only connected by USB ??
    Yeah, that's right. I wanted something smaller than the desktop designs. I paid a bit more for it, as opposed to a TB desktop HDD, but it was worth it to me. Also, I only had one problem when I first get it. I was running with cIOSx rev19, and the HDD was not recognised. I switched to rev17 and it worked fine. A bit later, I switched to rev20, and it still works great. No problems as of now.

I Just purchased that very same hard drive from Wally World during their Black Friday sale. It works perfectly. Using Wiiflow to transfer games is a added plus as well

Quote Originally Posted by cobraaaaaa1 View Post
    I Just purchased that very same hard drive from Wally World during their Black Friday sale. It works perfectly. Using Wiiflow to transfer games is a added plus as well

Were those the ones they had for $39? If so, I got me two of them One for the Wii and 1 for whatever...

I also own this littel hdd and it works great! And it even loads faster than my previous 2.5" WD 500GB hdd...Wiiflow works gloriously with this little guy.

Yeah, Wallmart had the 500GB Passports for only $39! I missed it, but hope one of my family members heard me saying how great of a deal it was. I'm using a 320 GB Passport Essential and all is well. I also have a 500GB one for personal files, and thinking about switching them around (using the 320 for personal, and the 500 for the wii). Even though I can fit enough games on my 320 (about 150ish). Either way the Passports are nice, and work well with the Wii!

i just bought the 320 passport hard drive
    my problem is i don't know how to load a downloaded game.

i loaded the iso on to my hard drive, pluged the hd to my wii and loaded wii loader. i then had a error loading hard drive.

do i need to format my new hard drive? do i do something to the .iso file before loading on to the hard drive and is wii loader the wrong program to use a backed up game?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast