Thread: Another Black Ops Search And Failer (Help with bad mod)

Thanks

Another Black Ops Search And Failer (Help with bad mod)

Hi,
    Well I looking for some assistance with my mod...a while back I had successfully modded my Wii and everything was good. (I was using a modded 42U) When Black ops came out I attempted to play it but it wouldnít work so (and here is my big mistake...) I found a site that has a video on how to update your wii but said to downgrade my firmware first. (I know stupid move...)
    Well I followed the steps to downgrade to a lower version and this is where everything went wrong for me....using boot mii I was to remove and add stub ios as per the (too stupid guys site). Well my unit froze and I was forced to reboot. When I tried to use boot mii again it would freeze when it ran a system test on ios36, and I even tried to apply my back up but no luck with that (the program says itís corrupt...not good at all!). It looks like I did a partial brick.
    Well at this point I wasnít able to play real games so I decided to take the update to 43U and now my unit plays real games again, but not backups. As well I still have the Homebrew channel (the latest version was installed before I screwed up my Wii).
    I believe Iím still missing a few ios, but Iím not sure what ones as I donít have a list to compare it to. And I would like more info before I try to update my Wii again. Do I have to use the game mod to apply the mod again or just change the ios need to play backups? I would really appreciate assistance from seasoned modders so I donít brick my unit.
    Regards,

nightstah
    Congrats, you failed to follow our guide (you DO know we have a guide on this, right?) Time to resoftmod with mauifrog's 4.3 guide --- which does require one of four original/retail games in order to do so.

Another Black Ops "oops" thread closed.

DA KINE WiiHacker
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,608 Times in 2,980 Posts
    Since you have HBC installed, you will not need a game exploit. Just follow my guide below and use the method for HBC. Do everything, from start to finish.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.

Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.