Thread: Wiimc help

Wiimc help

Hi guys,

I have been using wiimc lately, and everything works fine. I just have a question I would like to watch a movie with subtitles but I am not sure were to place them, I tried to place in the same folder and to name it the same name as the movie but still no subtitles i went to the wiimc settings and subtitles where turned on. So am i doing something wrong or missing something. (And also I did search on Google and on this sight but did not find an answer which is why I am posting a thread).
    daking

Quote Originally Posted by ddking67 View Post
    Hi guys,

I have been using wiimc lately, and everything works fine. I just have a question I would like to watch a movie with subtitles but I am not sure were to place them, I tried to place in the same folder and to name it the same name as the movie but still no subtitles i went to the wiimc settings and subtitles where turned on. So am i doing something wrong or missing something. (And also I did search on Google and on this sight but did not find an answer which is why I am posting a thread).
    check the wiimc settings.xml and the bottom make sure you have this

<setting name="subtitleVisibility" value="1"

or delete and it should create a new one....with new settings you set

Thanks but i just checked and I do have it. But still no subtitles am I supposed to place the subtitles in a specific folder?
    daking

did you try deleting and setting again

they have to be in the same location as the movie file and with same name

What subtitle format does WiiMC even support? I assume srt, but any others? The Wiki is very vague when it comes to that..

Hi thanks a lot I did what u toled me and i am seeing the subtitles. But they are not at the same time as the video but it does not matter I will figure it out. Thanks

Edit: Hi I would like to know if wiimc allows you to watch movies off partitioned external hard rive because i have one partitioned for wbfs and ntfs and when i went to try watching a movie off it wiimc did not recognize my hard rive?
    Last edited by ddking67; 11-20-2010 at 07:49 AM.
    daking