Thread: Just a couple questons, you would think I could title this, but no.

HBC and bootmii IOS questions

So i got the HBC and i have some questons that i could not find the anwsers to.

1. if i uninstall the HBC can i update my wii then?
    2. If i need to send it in for repair can i just copy everything then format the wii to get rd of all traces of the HBC
    3. I found out i cannot install bootmii as boot2 for a saftey net. So is there anythng i can use so that if the wii does brick that i can still resotre my wii?

Optinal if download and use apps that have been deemed as safe then they will not brick my wii right. ( i know if there is a malfunction it will or stuff like that will)

Opitinal 2 I cannot get DVDx if i have 4.3 right

Optinal 3 Is there a way to make apps into permanet channels?

Sry for all the questions i am just parinoid it will brick and i will not be able to fix it.
    Last edited by onsofa; 11-19-2010 at 04:18 PM.

1. Why do you want to get rid of HBC? But yes, you can update, but not recommended...
    2. Far as I know, they can see traces of the hacks...
    3. Don't install any themes and be extra careful of what you do...

If your Wii is new, as in within a year or so, you wont be able to read regular DVDs
    Yes, you can make app channels

Getting rid of HBC would be to send it in for repair.

How do u make the apps in to channels.

What about backing it up wth bootmii2 as a IOS any way to make it like if i chad it installed as boot 2?

Thx

How do u make the apps in to channels.
    Go HERE for making your own channels

What about backing it up wth bootmii2 as a IOS any way to make it like if i chad it installed as boot 2?
    Bootmii as IOS is pretty much useless if you have a brick, but still get a copy of your NAND, it could be possible to send off the Wii and get the NAND reprogrammed, there are several users on the forum that perform that service.

Thx for the info to bad there are not apps to load bootmii before the menu o well.

Thx