Thread: Loose Wii remote while updating HBC

Loose Wii remote while updating HBC

This may have already been answered a million times here, but I can't seem to find any clarity on the subject through searching. I have run into a strange problem lately. I have helped several friends lately get HBC on their Wii's and everything has gone smoothly. I was working with a friends Wii last night and noticed how much better I like the new 1.08 version of the HBC better than the 1.06 that I have on mine. So, I went to update. Thats where the problems begin.

I can download the update, but as soon as it takes me to the screen with the scam warning where I have to press 1 to continue...my Wii remote dies and disconnects from my Wii. I have tried to resync it with the red button on the wii and the one near the battery in the remote, but that does nothing. I have 4 remotes in my house and I have tried each one by setting each up to be controller 1 before trying to update my HBC. However, the same exact thing happens with all 4 remotes no matter which one I use, the remote simply disconnects and all 4 lights flash continously. Can somebody please advise what I can do to get past this?

c'mon...somebody has had this issue surely.

Banned
    Have you tried putting the wiimote as close to the sensor bar as possible? Is this only the case while you're updating the HBC?
    I wouldn't really know, never seen this before... What Firmware are you on?

Yea, I've tried about everything. Like I said 4 different remotes, new batteries, up close to the sensor bar, far away, everything. Everything works great up until I try to update the HBC. I'm at 4.2U.

I'm beginning to think I might have some manner of IOS issue. I'm trying to research what all I should have installed for 4.2U. Anyone know right off the top of your head?

Wimote

Did you ever get your problem fixes and i have the identical problem??