Thread: bought wii modded. how to make sd card?

Thanks

wii modded. how to make sd card or play retail games.

I bought a modded wii(I believe twilight hack) over 18 months ago. Its got the old 0.1 loader. No priiloader or backup system that I see. I'd like to create a system SD card so I can load priiloader and neogamma. The backups that came with it work fine but I can't play my retail copy of wii fit plus with the loader or the disk channel(asks for an update). I downloaded the ISO and burned slow with imgburn on an HP dvd-r but that won't load either(can't read the error because it writes 2 lines over eachother).
    Can I do the disk update and play the retail game on the disk channel or does that risk bricking?
    I might give up and wipe it clean and mod it myself so I know what's on there!

I need this game running for my wife's bday this weekend! I looked on the search and didn't see any clear answer.
    Last edited by nathanacura; 11-04-2010 at 06:00 AM.

Thanks
    You must not accept the update, as it will cause trouble.

I'd recommend you to follow mauifrog's Softmod ANY Wii guide found in the Recommended Guides board.

Thanks
    So even though it's already modded, I have to really do the whole mod process to get it working for retail games? That's why I am debating wiping it and starting over. I'd love a quick fix update to play the retail game though! Is that impossible? I'm sure a modded wii is still supposed to play retail games but it sounds like I need the SD card to DO the system update(ios or whatever) to play this retail game?

Thanks
    Just sounds like the IOS wii fit uses needs installing/updating you can do this with dopmii and I'm pretty sure there is a guide with what IOS each game uses.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanacura View Post
    So even though it's already modded, I have to really do the whole mod process to get it working for retail games? That's why I am debating wiping it and starting over. I'd love a quick fix update to play the retail game though! Is that impossible? I'm sure a modded wii is still supposed to play retail games but it sounds like I need the SD card to DO the system update(ios or whatever) to play this retail game?
    Don't you have an SD Card?
    If not, do you happen to have a USB device (harddrive, a simple flash drive etc.) and the Homebrew Channel? You can easily update an IOS with a USB device.

Thanks
    I have USB hdd and SD cards. Do I need some specific folders. And such or can I just load dopwii and neogamma from the hdd or card root?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanacura View Post
    I have USB hdd and SD cards. Do I need some specific folders. And such or can I just load dopwii and neogamma from the hdd or card root?
    Just follow a guide to remod your Wii.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

Thanks
    Ok thanks. I see something in that guide about updating my softmod. I will try that approach. Can I also install neogamma (r18 I assume since my softmod is older) from the SD card root?