Thread: Wiikey 2 installed, some problems...

Wiikey 2 installed, some problems...

OK, Japanese Wii, DMS, Wiikey2+clip (correctly done)....

1: Load a backup, US region, recognized on channels, when selected recog'd, but when run goes to black and the Wii won't respond to any buttons on the remote or machine.

2: Update. What is a "tarball" file? Do I have to extract this file (just a TXT folder and one TXT inside)? Is this file just burned directly to disk and we go?

3: INserted this game and I'm guessing it tried to update or something, it took a bit of time and had a status bar. Unfortunately it was waaaay too much JP and my wife is at work tonight.

News: Just put the dz2 file on a DVD, no luck.
    Last edited by Sniperx; 11-26-2008 at 05:08 AM.

Tarball is an archive file, you need to extract the contents.

Does your Wii have problems with all backups or just this one?

Normally black screen is because of NTSC/PAL issues but Japan is NTSC and so is US.

Yes, but do I put the resulting folder on the DVD or the TXT file held inside.

I haven't tried another backup because 1. I don't want to kill the Wii with an accidental upgrade (I don't know if the update blocker is on or not) 2. Ran out of DVDs last night...

WHat the heck was that....

Finally cracked that file open. It was a Bzip file containing a Tar file containing an ISO. The original file that came in was 100kb, the tar file was 1.36gb, the ISO was 887mb. WIld.....