Thread: How to re mod a 4.2u - Any steps necessary before following tutorial?

Thanks

How to re mod a 4.2u - Any steps necessary before following tutorial?

I bought our wii premodded with a iomega 1Tb hdd for backing up games so they were not laying all over the house.

About 2 weeks ago it stopped working. My kids did something to it and don't know/wont' tell what.

The HDD has a dent on the case and is beeping/dead, so I am going to order a WD passport.

The wii is now running 4.2u and HBC 1.0.8, not sure if it always has (never paid attention to it before)

The problem is I have tried four different spare 80 gb hdds formatted to wbfs with an ide/usb adapter and they all freeze the usb loader. (wiflow, configurable, and uloader) Other than that HBC seems to work.

I have spent countless hours over the past two weeks reading and trying to fix the issue (I know it has to be something simple)

So now I just want to start fresh so I know exactly what it is running.

Is there anything I need to do to it before following the 4.2 tutorial?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,303 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Blog Entries
    do a syscheck and post the results here

Thanks
    Here it is, Let me know what you think, Thanks!!!

Spoiler

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,471 Times in 3,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It'd not hurt to have IOS70 Trucha patched. Where did IOS 223 come from? That's (I don't think) a V4 revision of Hermes, but I may be wrong. IOS 249/250 look right. I don't see IOS 58, but that doesn't necessarily means something is "wrong." We do have USB HD compatibility guide/lists (one a wiihacks one, the other a gbatemp one). Keep in mind, this is really two different pieces of hardware: the controller (enclosure and USB chipset) and drive itself. You may be having an issue with the enclosure based on what you've said thus far.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,303 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Blog Entries
    try fat32 loading(use the 222 option guide in my sig)

Thanks
    Thanks for not blowing me off. This has literally been driving me crazy for the last 2 weeks since I knew it was something small.

Keep in mind, this is really two different pieces of hardware: the controller (enclosure and USB chipset) and drive itself. You may be having an issue with the enclosure based on what you've said thus far.
    Wow, I'm an idiot

I was running all the hard drives using the same IDE cable adapter. I meant to try a flash drive a few days ago to eliminate peripheral issues, but never got around to it. I just grabbed a 4g usb flash, formatted it, and tada, its all good.

Thanks for helping lead me to the solution.