Thread: Problems playing back

Thanks

Problems playing back

I have 4.2e software on my wii, I also have a wikey2 in there too. I followed the 4.2 hack guide for the softmod option and get everything installed a while back and havent played much after that as we moved house and the wii was left in packed up boxes.

I yesterday tried to play a dvd on it but couldnt figure out how to do this. I thought I had the dvdx program installed from before but I couldnt find it, all i could see was the homebrew channel which I opened and updated to the new version when it asked me. But I couldnt find anything to play the dvd or a media player. I didnt wana mess around with it too much and left it, so could anyone please help me to find the media player/dvd player.

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Install ios 58 as you probably dont have this - re install HB by running hackmii installer so it is running under ios58 - Look in my signature for the latest Ios as wads

Install WiiMC Channel 1.5

Put this in your apps folder after unzipping http://wiimc.googlecode.com/files/Wi...Install%29.zip

Voila a Media Player

3. 1 User Says Thank You narse1979 For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Would the update HB did when I started the channel yesterday not have already re-installed it under iso58?

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    It doesnt install ios 58 for you - . Press Home in HB and in the top right hand corner it will tell you what ios HB is running under if its not 58 the id suggest doing what I did in the first place..
    Last edited by narse1979; 10-25-2010 at 06:13 AM.