Thread: Data storage problems

Data storage problems

Hi.
    I hacked my 4.2 black Wii, and I use the USB Loader to play games from my external HD.
    Everything is working well, except:
    The wii memory is running out of blocks. Can I store the data outside the wii memory? I know I can transfer it to the SD card but the default stays the wii memory so the player data is actually lost. (OK, I can bring it back to the wii memory but I will have to remove another game data to produce free blocks)
    Can I change the default data storage location?
    Thanks,
    YL.

Quote Originally Posted by lakov View Post
    Hi.
    I hacked my 4.2 black Wii, and I use the USB Loader to play games from my external HD.
    Everything is working well, except:
    The wii memory is running out of blocks. Can I store the data outside the wii memory? I know I can transfer it to the SD card but the default stays the wii memory so the player data is actually lost. (OK, I can bring it back to the wii memory but I will have to remove another game data to produce free blocks)
    Can I change the default data storage location?
    Thanks,
    YL.
    Maybe copy ur save data to the SD card,then copy from the SD Card to ur PC)
    I><><><><><><><>II Nintendo Wii II 4.0U II Korean Region Changed II cIOS 249 v20 with base 56 II<><><><><><><I
    I><><><><><><><><>II 8GB SDHC Card II WBFS II 2GB SD Card II FAT32 II Logitech K120 II<><><><><><><><><I
    I><><><><><>II Homebrew Channel 0.5 II Priiloader 0.4 II Bootmii as IOS II USB Loader GX R928 II Neogamma R8Final II<I
    I><><><><>II Windows XP Professional SP3 32bit II Intel Core Duo E7500 2.93GHz II Nvidia Geforce 9800GT II 1GB RAM II<I

What do you have on your wii? I'm thinking that you could uninstall a lot of apps or games and run them from your sd card. If it is wiiware or VC games, I would suggest looking into uloader or triforce. Both of these can be run from an sd card and would free up A LOT of space on your wii.
    Wii 4.1U - cIOS38 rev17 - 500gbHDD - Wiiflow 2.1 - uLoader 5.1 - Wimc 1.0.9 - Priiloader 0.5 - boot2 - gamecube launcher 2.0 - cMIOS rev3