Developer- Dr Clipper
IOS236 is a patched version of IOS36 that makes installation of other IOSes easy, even if the other IOS slots are filled by stubs already. See the IOSes Explained page for more info.
Note: the network bug should hopefully now be fixed with the release of v5, but I have not been able to test as I am away from my Wii. Please try it out if you had problems.
How to install:
1. Remove all GameCube memory cards.
* This step is very important. Do not ignore it .
2. If your Wii is not connected to the Internet, copy IOS36-64-v3351.wad to sd:/
3. Unzip the IOS236 Installer zip file and copy the IOS236 directory and its contents to sd:/apps.
* You should now have an sd:/apps/IOS236/boot.dol file among others. It is important to also have sd:/apps/IOS236/meta.xml
4. Run IOS236 Installer from the Homebrew Channel.
5. Read the startup messages then press 1
6. If your Wii is connected to the Internet, choose "Download IOS from NUS" with the D-pad, otherwise choose "Load IOS from sd card"
7. Confirm your choice with the A button
8. When prompted, push A to continue the installation
9. Read about what Step 2 entails and push the appropriate button
* One would hope that you would be pushing 2 as this is a tutorial for non-pirates that want to use USB Loaders responsibly. If you actually want to play pirated games, then push 1 and follow any further instructions.
10. Push any button to exit when complete.
To update IOS236 to a newer version, just redo the installation steps.
* The app says the patches were not properly applied. What's wrong?
o Make sure you have the latest version of the Homebrew Channel and that you included meta.xml when extraction the Installer zip file.
* There was a DSI error or Program Error with a lot of numbers
o If you don't have an Internet connection, or it is bad, you might get this. Do the offline install and push the buttons you need to push quickly.
* There was an error during my online installation. What's wrong?
o Sometimes, certain Internet connections won't work with the app. Try the offline install method instead.
Last edited by Red_Gh0st; 11-14-2010 at 08:14 AM.
I always liked apps and guides that Dr Clipper releases, even before he was made an honorary member of the Configurable USB Loader team.
This thread is not for the purpose of discussing Black Ops (I do thank you us3rname for steering other... potential failers away from this thread). This message posted for the lurkers out there who may otherwise entertain the idea of invading this thread.
I know but the guide for black ops was for people who own the original disk. I read somewhere i needed this ios to make it work. That is the only reason i mentioned it. Sorry anyways
I somehow missed your post made here two weeks ago. "For people who own the original disc"?!?!??!?! Hmm.... here's one for ya:
where can i download the file IOS36-64-v3351?
Please tell me what NUSD is and where can i find this thing?
Google nus downloader v1.9Originally Posted by w.kuyt
Sent from my iPod touch using the WiiHacks App