Your wii is fried(Many launch wii experienced this problem escpecially u turned on wiiconnect24)The Setup
I spent a while searching the forums on this topic (along with other internet resources) and most of the questions and responses have been in regards to a soft-modded Wii. I was actually going to attempt to softmod mine tonight after it collected dust for years and now I'm met with this problem.
Earlier today, I unhooked my Wii from my downstairs TV and moved it upstairs. Once I got it all hooked up again, I booted it up and everything worked fine. I turned it off and left to go out shopping for a little bit. Not even three hours later, I come back home and am met with a system that appears to turn on, but doesn't output any video/audio.
Now to answer a few things that I know will be asked:
1) I have tried both component and composite cables. Neither work.
2) My wii remote will power on my system, but after it does it will not sync up.
3) My system blinks the blue light once when powered on.
4) The system's cd drive attempt to look for a CD (or something similar, it makes a noise).
5) The green light stays on, I cannot get it back into standby mode. The only thing I can do from here is hold the power button in to turn it back off (red light).
My wii sat upright on its stand since I bought it in 2006 (it is a launch wii). However, before I went out today I laid it on its side in standby mode. It was warm to the touch when I returned home and started having these problems.
If anybody has any advice that will save me the $85 to send it to Nintendo to fix it (they'll probably replace it anyway), it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
send it to Nintendo