Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wiikey2 with wiiclip2 what needs to be soldered

Ca wiikey2 with wiiclip2 what needs to be soldered

I just got my wiikey2 with yellow tag and wiiclip2 today I need to solder them together. I have a d2e drive. do i solder all points together. I looked at wiiclips website and found it to confusing. sorry this is my first mod ever, so i'm a total noob. I know how to solder though I just need to know all points on the wiikey2 get soldered to the wiiclip2.

yes solder all the contacts...easy

Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin

thank you modder man

Sorry to butt in but it'll save opening a new thread lol!
    If your gonna install the chip on a V14 clip do you need to solder all joints for all chipsets? I need to install one on a D2C chipset. I presume ya do but best to check innit!
    Tony

Us

Quote Originally Posted by bigtone0777 View Post
    Sorry to butt in but it'll save opening a new thread lol!
    If your gonna install the chip on a V14 clip do you need to solder all joints for all chipsets? I need to install one on a D2C chipset. I presume ya do but best to check innit!
    Tony
    I just installed a wiikey2 (yellow sticker on back) and a v14 clip on my D2C and all seems to be working fine. I soldered A,B,C,G,GND and 3.3V

Hope this helps,
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tronyony View Post
    I just installed a wiikey2 (yellow sticker on back) and a v14 clip on my D2C and all seems to be working fine. I soldered A,B,C,G,GND and 3.3V

Hope this helps,
    Tony
    Thanks for that!

Did you cover the D E & F points with insulating tape to aviod them making contact with the clip?

Tony

Us

Oops, guess, I'll be taking the wii back apart today. Thanks for the heads up.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tronyony View Post
    Oops, guess, I'll be taking the wii back apart today. Thanks for the heads up.

Tony

Ok so I guess ya supposed to then lol.
    I think I will too ha ha ha

Tony

Got it done now. Everything still works good except last night I tried to update it to 1.9s and got test errors. Maybe this will fix that. Not sure but I will check it soon.

No dice on the update. Looks like the next option is the try the GCOS version but I need a GC controller.

Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast