Thread: Is it still possible for me to install homebrew?

Is it still possible for me to install homebrew?

Hey everyone,
    I am somewhat new to homebrew - I was going through the 4.2 SD card installation, but apparently my SD card was corrupted (which led to homebrew not installing) - I made the accident of letting my Wii sit around for a while and it automatically upgraded to 4.3U.

My current problem is that none of my wii discs are being read - I am receiving the 'Disc cannot be read. Turn off the Wii...' error code. I believe that there is no problem with the laser, it was just due to a corrupted homebrew installation messing around with my IOS.

Anyways, is there any way to install homebrew on a Wii with only an SD card? Or will there eventually be a method for this? Also, with homebrew, are there any programs that will allow me to run other games? I might need to buy a new wii x.x At least they're low priced now.

The only way right now to hack a 4.3 is with a game exploit. There is no way to do it with the SD card only and it is not likely there will ever be a way. Check out the 4.3 guide in the recommended guides section of the forums.

So the 4.3U update removed all SD card only options?

Yep, the "Bannerbomb" exploit was killed with 4.3. Sorry but there is no other known way other then with one of the listed games.