Thread: Wiimc Problem

Wiimc Problem

I softmoded my Nintendo Wii with the guide on here. All went well. When I put a dvd into the drive and go to the homebrew channel and click wiimc it loades. I then go to the dvd icon to load the movie and it says no disc in drive. What's the problem?

WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    I don't use Wiimc so I can't help you with that but see Stomp_442's WiiMC thread for more info on this.

I saw in one of your past posts that you had bought a Wii. Was it purchased new, recently? The newer Wii's will not read backup DVD's of any sort, the only discs that a newer Wii will read are retail Wii and Gamecube discs.
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 10-04-2010 at 07:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Yeah I bought it brand new. How do I tell if my unit has the ability to play dvd? I thought it could, but only with a homebrew application.

Well, any new Wii purchased before Dec. 2009 will be good, and Wii purchased from Dec.2009 til now will not read any type of disc but a retail Nintendo disc, it has to do with the DVD drive, homebrew will not help.

So that's why I can't play dvds? I modded my friends wii tonight and he got the same message. He bought his about a year ago.

There is a website where you can enter your Wii serial number and get the info on which DVD drive is installed in your Wii. I think that the undesired drive is a D3-2 drive, but unsure, perhaps somebody else will post with the correct info and a link for you.

Look here - Wii Drive Chip Database
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 10-04-2010 at 07:22 PM. Reason: add link