Thread: Hermes 222/223, few questions please.

Hermes 222/223, few questions please.

So I have hermes 222/223 installed. From what I could gather on this cios is that it enables usb 2 for rock band type of games to use instruments. MY concern is, on my tv in my room ios 249 plays everything with a few exceptions. On my tv in the living room more often than not using ios 249 causes a black and white screen and its kind of garbled like it's wrong resolution (playable, just ugly). Why is it when them games in living room get discolored if I switch to hermes they work properly? Both tv's are lcd. One uses a AV cable, the other uses RGB cables. Both run off standard resolution within wii settings.

Can I assume hermes does a bit more than just enable usb support? I mean I know it does more, but I haven't seen any statements about it helping resolution issues. I'm not upset! lol Just wondering what the technology is doing.

Lastly most people use 249 as a default, IF 222/223 work on both tv's is there anything wrong with doing thing backwards per se. Instead of using default 249 w/ my usb loader, default it to 222/223 and set individual games that would work better on 249 to use 249. I only ask because it's suggested and more popular to default 249. But switching tv's makes it a pain in the butt.. Thanks for reading,.

Lastly most people use 249 as a default, IF 222/223 work on both tv's is there anything wrong with doing thing backwards per se. Instead of using default 249 w/ my usb loader, default it to 222/223 and set individual games that would work better on 249 to use 249. I only ask because it's suggested and more popular to default 249. But switching tv's makes it a pain in the butt.. Thanks for reading,.
    Yes absolutely. Use whatever cIOS you like to load games. As for the issue with resolution, not sure why it would make a difference. But if it works with 222 then use 222
    Damn I suck!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    But if it works with 222 then use 222
    Lol I love the quote. I'm used to seeing Ithian say "if it ain't broke!". Yours was, "If you fixed it, don't try to break it" =D. Thanks man, I appreciate the insight.