Thread: Forwarder Channel to USB

Forwarder Channel to USB

The other day I downloaded a forwarder channel WAD for FCE Ultra GX. It didn't work at first and I suspected it was because the I have the actual FCE Ultra app on a FAT32 partition on my USB hard drive. When I copied the app over to an SD card and popped that in, the forwarder channel worked. So my question is this...

Is it possible to create a forwarder that will launch the application from the USB drive instead of the SD card?

Thanks in advance.

hmmmm... I have wondered that myself. There are utility's that will create forwarders for anything you want but all I have used only work for the SD card. I have done a little research into forwarding to a USB drive but haven't had any luck. Maybe someone here knows a way.

you need to install devkitPPC and newest LiboGC to use customizemii to create forwarders that look for the .dol on the usb..

Complex Forwarder
    Last edited by Cile; 09-17-2010 at 08:49 PM.

Very interesting and looks like fun. This is definitely something worth looking into and right up my alley.

Cool. If you're looking for some source material to work with, I recommend creating forwarders for the popular emulators. Post back in this thread if/when you've got a sample. I'll be a tester.

I'm just getting around to installing the latest version of WiiFLow and I was reading this thread. In it, it says something about forwarders that look for the WiiFlow .dol in 4 separate locations (2 on the SD card and 2 on the USB drive) until it finds it....so it's definitely possible.

It can be more then 2 what i told you to install will give you this options with customizemii

FM1-Complex.jpg