Thread: Blocking updates

Blocking updates

Hey fellow brewers. Haven't posted for a while. Recently got back at it with my wii. I got a HDD and have cfg usb loader, and thanks to this forum, it's all working great! I've only had a problem with one game but I've read it's just that particular game (call of duty 3), which I didn't really care to play, but it was my friend's.

I've searched without finding an answer to this question: Will cfg usb loader block disc updates? I'm on 4.2 and want to buy the new Lord of the Rings game, and I presume it has 4.3 on it. I'd rather not mess with preloader, so I just want to play it from usb. Also, has anyone tried this game on usb yet? Thanks.

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Yes, i played it yesterday on cfg usb loader. U need to install priiloader or scrub the iso. I recommend u install priiloader, you've come this far and everything works!

I was under the impression that cfg usb loader automatically scrubbed the iso? Perhaps I misread. I may look into preloader.

Quote Originally Posted by lovewiibrew View Post
    I was under the impression that cfg usb loader automatically scrubbed the iso? Perhaps I misread. I may look into preloader.
    Playing from a USB Loader you will never see an update request. You should still have priiloader installed though, it has other uses.
    Damn I suck!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Playing from a USB Loader you will never see an update request.
    This is exactly the answer I was looking for. As for preloader, I have bootmii as boot2 so I'm good on brick protection, and I like it booting to the system menu so I can show off my pretty wii channels.

You should still install priiloader (It will not load to priiloader every time, you can set it to load the system menu like normal).
    Damn I suck!!!!