Thread: Gamecube Backups

Question Gamecube Backups

I have a Gamecube game (Crash Bandicoot) and I was just wondering... what is the best way to create an ISO and play the game as a backup? The game is old and it's getting damaged just a little more each day and I'd like to preserve it the best I can.

I think I have a homebrew app on my Wii which allows me to dump Wii games via wifi directly to my laptop or desktop. I believe this also works for GC but it's slow.

What is the best way to load a GC backup? Can I use a USB loader (such as Configurable USB Loader)? Or do I HAVE to burn it to a DVD? Last time I really checked into this, it was not possible to access gamecube mode with homebrew so a USB loader was out of the question.... or something like that.

I'm sorry if this was answered in an obvious area or if this is just a dumb question. I know how frustrating it can be if you see this question every day or something... (I live at PSP-Hacks and answer newb questions about ISO/CSO files on PSP FW 6.3x every day).

West Coast, CA
    Blog Entries
    You want THIS guide for playing and creating gamecube backups. (I hope)
    Give credit where credit is due. If it helps you, click "thanks" on ANY guide I link.

3. 1 User Says Thank You summersyn For This Useful Post