Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi bricked Japanese with european mario update

Unhappy Semi bricked Japanese with european mario update

Could anyone assist in restoring my semi bricked wii

I have tried the ios36 with fakesign fix but it is telling me i do not have the ios36 installed

I am not sure what ios is installed, but somehow got a dispaly through homebrew channel with some mention of 1.0.6 ios61 v21.29?

Thx

WiiHacks Staff

Virtual Welcome Agent
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Hi there,
    you find out whats going with IOSes by using this
    How to post a syscheck: Instructions here

and you already looked in this one here ?
    thought there is everything covered, from 36 enabling the bug and getting your original systemmenu back

<--suggestions helped? press Thanks

DA KINE WiiHacker
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.

Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

Restore has worked great, and the syst is now up and running (I did not have the wad folder + files on the root of the SD card...)

Two other questions:

1- My wii is now back in Japanese (and I don't understand a word). Is there a way to install the english version instead, or I am stuck with japanese
    2- Some of the games on CDs work and some don't depending on the region. Where should I look to understand how to have iso games loaded from external USB hard drive (if that is a suitable work around)

Thx a million

...and by the way, this these are syscheck results

[SPOILER]Region: NTSC-JSystem Menu 4.2 (v482)Hollywood v0x11Console ID: XXXXXXXXBoot2 v4Found 107 titles.Found 37 IOS on this console. 14 of them are stub.IOS4 (rev 65280): StubIOS9 (rev 778): No PatchesIOS10 (rev 768): StubIOS11 (rev 256): StubIOS12 (rev 269): No PatchesIOS13 (rev 273): No PatchesIOS14 (rev 520): No PatchesIOS15 (rev 523): No PatchesIOS16 (rev 512): StubIOS17 (rev 775): No PatchesIOS20 (rev 256): StubIOS21 (rev 782): No PatchesIOS22 (rev 1037): No PatchesIOS28 (rev 1550): No PatchesIOS30 (rev 2816): StubIOS31 (rev 3349): No PatchesIOS33 (rev 3091): No PatchesIOS34 (rev 3348): No PatchesIOS35 (rev 3349): No PatchesIOS36 (rev 3351): No PatchesIOS37 (rev 3869): No PatchesIOS38 (rev 3867): No PatchesIOS50 (rev 5120): StubIOS51 (rev 4864): StubIOS53 (rev 5406): No PatchesIOS55 (rev 5406): No PatchesIOS56 (rev 5405): No PatchesIOS57 (rev 5661): No PatchesIOS58 (rev 5918): No PatchesIOS60 (rev 6400): StubIOS61 (rev 5405): No PatchesIOS70 (rev 6687): No PatchesIOS222 (rev 65280): StubIOS223 (rev 65280): StubIOS249 (rev 65280): StubIOS250 (rev 65280): StubIOS254 (rev 260): StubBC v6MIOS v10[/SPOILER]

DA KINE WiiHacker

Thanks form the link / tip

Does it means it will display things in english instead of japanese (which is what I am after)?
    And will it also affect the region for disc playing (PAL / NTSC...) - I am based in europe.
    Lastly, I think I am in 4.2 (not sure how to read the sycheck!!). Should I be concerned / does it matter going in 4.1 as it looks to be the case using this method

Thx a million

DA KINE WiiHacker
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmi2 View Post
    Thanks form the link / tip

Does it means it will display things in english instead of japanese (which is what I am after)?
    And will it also affect the region for disc playing (PAL / NTSC...) - I am based in europe.
    Lastly, I think I am in 4.2 (not sure how to read the sycheck!!). Should I be concerned / does it matter going in 4.1 as it looks to be the case using this method

Thx a million
    You should have a cios before you do it, you don't have a cios, I don't see any patched ios in your ios list. Did you install bootmii?

I have not installed bootmii before my semi brick issue. I might have tried installing it as part of the multi things I tried from programs that were on the SD I downloaded, but not sure.

What is a cios? And is that needed to move to USA or European system from the Jap system I currently run on?

DA KINE WiiHacker
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmi2 View Post
    I have not installed bootmii before my semi brick issue. I might have tried installing it as part of the multi things I tried from programs that were on the SD I downloaded, but not sure.

What is a cios? And is that needed to move to USA or European system from the Jap system I currently run on?
    The software used to change with wiis region settings requires a cios to be installed.

so how can I find how to do that?

Other question: would I be able to enable multi region from prii loader at boot and be able to read and play PAl / NTSc games?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast