Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: unwanted upgrade

unwanted upgrade

Can i downgrade my Wii 4.3 e back to a Wii 4.2e or is there one that i should go back to thats better.

Follow mauifrogs 4.3 guide. You have to softmod first and then you have the option to downgrade if you want. No point unless you have a modchip

4.1 is better but if HBC was removed or never installed, the only way to do it is by following a 4.3 softmod guide. Look in my signature.

I have softmodded it with mauifrogs 4.3 guide but cant remember being given the choice to downgrade it.
    I still have HBC and usbloader , nothing else different from when i started.

Have a look at the guide again. The steps to downgrade are there.

Can i just go through the steps again and it will not be a problem with my wii. If i do downgrade to 4.1 will i be able to play back-ups ?

You could go through all the steps again without any issues. If you are asking if you can play backups from DVD-R's it all depends on your Wii's internals and not the System Menu version. If your Wii is a year old or less the chances are very small that you will be able to do so. You will have to use a USB drive. No other option. Go here and enter your serial number. If it comes up with a chipset of D3-2 then your out of luck.

says its a GC2-D2B manufactured from 2006 onwards

You should be good then.

Thanks gonna try and softmod it now.
    ok now back at 4.1e can i just load the apps
    WiiMC- Multimedia Player, HomeBrew Browser- DL many Apps, Many others @ wiibrew.org
    USB Loaders-
    Configurable USB Loader
    WiiFlow
    WBFS Managers-
    WBFS Manager
    Wii Game Manager
    Wii Backup Manager
    onto my sd card and put them on through the hbc?
    Last edited by sparkyfarm; 08-27-2010 at 07:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast