PS Jailbreak is a USB plug and play solution that installs in seconds, keeping your valid warranty seal in tact.
Easy to use installer and GUI takes you step by step.
Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA
PS Jailbreak disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.
Supports all games (it does not allow backups of bluray movies , dvd movies , or past consoles games)
Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard drive through USB, and boot directly off GUI. Eliminating the need for expensive blueray burners and costly blank media.
Play backups off your hard drives 2x as fast as off the blueray drive. This eliminates lags and glitches to provide you with smoother game play.
Open up your console to a new generation of homebrew applications. Load homebrew apps/games off any USB hard drive/flash drive.
Fully updatable with new features/updates by connecting PS Jailbreak to any computers USB port.
Anyone had any experience with one of these?
4.1E,Boot2/IOS,Priiloader 0.4r78,neogamma R8 b7,
USB Loader GX r938,cIOS38 rev 17
Learning with every visit
ozmodchips is testing this to see if it isn't fake.
This has been confirmed as working.
source - PS Jailbreak - PSX/PS2/PS3 Scene NewzPSX-SCENE is the first any ONLY website to CONFIRM that this product is working 100% Not by speculation but by being the only website to have testers with actual product in hand! We will have a video courtesy of OzModchips soon so stay tuned!!!
I saw posted somewhere else that $170 is the price tag, a bit steep for me.
I think that user submitted news is the correct place for this post, all kinds of stuff is submitted there by the users, including PS3 stuff. It is news, and it's user submitted.
Last edited by Stomp_442; 08-20-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Some more information known about the device so far:
Images:* FAT32 is supported at this time which means none of the files can be bigger than 4GB in size. The 'PS3 Backup Manager' splits the files so this shouldn't be a worry, rest assured NTFS is being worked on.
* Online play on games loaded off a hard-drive does work as of the 19th of August on the current latest firmware for the PS3 console: 3.41. It cannot be known whether future firmware updates will render online play useless when using the device.
* It is recommended to stay on the current latest system software for the PS3, 3.41, as an update to the system could block the device. The USB device is fully update-able so if you do update an update to the device should hopefully be released shortly after.
* The device is compatible with all models of the PS3, regardless of whether it is a PHAT model or the newer SLIM model.
* The device supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA.
* It has worked with all 150 backup games tested with the device so compatibility should be or near to 100%.
* The device does not allow for the backup of Blu-Ray movies, DVD Movies or any previous console games, e.g. PS1/2.
* The device disables forced software updates and claims to never brick your console.
* You backup your games to either the PS3 internal hard-drive or an externally connected hard-drive through a USB connection, you can boot the games directly through a GUI 'PS3 Backup Manager'. This eliminate the need of buying Blu-Ray burners and disks.
* Games played through the hard-drive run 2x as fast as they would from running from a Blu-Ray disk, this reduces lag and glitches and allows for a much smoother gameplay.
* Load homebrew off a connected hard-drive or the internal one.
* The device requires that you have a original PS3 game inserted into the console to run backups from hard-drives
Last edited by Red_Gh0st; 08-21-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Sony not going to be happy about this! I just wonder how the hell they did it. I mean, it took about 3-4 years for the ps3 to play backups. Pretty secure system.
Last edited by Nujui; 08-21-2010 at 10:11 PM.
I bet their going crazy! Heres what I thinks happening.
"Sir it seems that the ps3 has been hacked to play backsup".
"But thats impossible! We made sure that the ps3 was unhackable"
"Well, it seems we were wrong. The worst part is that they don't even need a disc to put the backup on. That just put it on a flash drive"
" Have the firmware makers (don't know who does that) make a new firmware now! And make sure that it patches the modchip!!"