A port of the PS1 emulator, PCSX, to the Nintendo GC/Wii
WiiSX is a PS1 emulator for the Nintendo Gamecube & Wii brought to you by Wii64Team (emu_kidid, sepp256, tehpola).
Download - WiiSX-beta2.1.zip
Source - pcsxgc - Project Hosting on Google Code
Installation and Usage
- ISOs can be .bin/.cue (Make sure .cue contains _relative_ directory!), .img, or .iso format
- To install: Extract the contents of wiiSX-beta2.zip to the root of your SD card
- For SD/USB: Put ISOs (.bin/.cue or other formats) in the directory named /wiisx/isos,
- All save types will automatically be placed in /wiisx/saves
- For DVD: ISOs may be anywhere on the disc (requires DVDxV2 on Wii)
- For actual BIOS: Put SCPH1001.BIN in the directory on SD/USB named /wiisx/bios
- Load the executable from the HBC or in the loader of your choice
Once loaded, select 'Load ISO' and choose the source and select the ISO to load
(Note: to go up a directory select '..', B will exit the file browser)
- Select 'Play Game' to play
- The game can be exited any time by pressing a configurable key combination together
on a GC pad (START & X), Classic Controller (ZL & ZR), Wiimote (- & +),
- Wiimote+Nunchuck (1 & 2), or the reset button
(Note: this must be done to save your game; it will not be done automatically)
If you are having problems loading the ISOs from a USB device then try using usb port 1, that is the usb port closest to the center of the Wii, and unplug the usb storage device from usb port 0. If you have a forwarder with AHBPROT support then unplugging the usb device from usb port 0 is not necessary. I have tested and found that the ISOs will not load from usb port 0.
Compatibility list at wiibrew - WiiSX/Compatibility - WiiBrew
Compatibility list at GBAtemp - WiiSX compatibility list (beta 2) - WikiTemp
* Compiled with devkitPPC r21 / libOGC SVN
* Compiled with new libDI / DVDx V2
* Saving improvements
* Fixed issues where save was not written to memcard
+ Audio state saved/loaded for save states
* Controller improvements
* Fixed inverted Y-axis on analog input
* Fixed rumble
* Fixed button presses on unused input port
+ Added “Home” button as a menu combo for CC
+ Added disable rumble setting
* Network improvements
* SMB correction to allow anonymous user and password
+ Threaded network init and proper error messages when it fails
- Compiled with devkitPPC r21 / libOGC SVN
- Compiled with new libDI / DVDx V2
- DVD reads are now done with direct PowerPC access
- Controller improvements
Rumble for Wiimote-based input
Classic Controller Pro & 3rd party controller support
Reconfigurable button mapping
Save/Load button mapping from file
- New menu system
Classic Controller support
Wiimote / Wiimote & nunchuck support
Auto load/save option for saves
- PEOPS GPU
Pillar-boxing 'Force 16:9' mode
Fixed color mapping for FMV
Smooth stereo audio at full FPS
- PEOPS SPU
- SSSPSX input plugin
DualShock Controller support
CDDA audio streaming is not implemented
.CUE is not working from DVD, select the .bin directly
Final Fantasy VII crashes Dynarec (after first battle)
- Working audio (choppy)
- DVD loading
- Software GFX with GX scaling
- Saving to SD card
- Text UI
- Known Issues:
CDDA audio streaming is not implemented
XA audio fails at times
Final Fantasy VII crashes Dynarec
FPS limit not working at times
This thread is posted in the downloads section, only post here if you have a problem with the download.
Ask for ROMS or BIOS here and visit the READING ROOM, ask google where to find that stuff.
If you wish to discuss the emulator then visit this thread - http://www.wiihacks.com/emulators/62...emu_kidid.html
Last edited by Stomp_442; 01-10-2011 at 07:57 PM. Reason: usb support
Question. I Didn't know where to put this since the "discuss the emulator" thread was closed. How do you get the saves to work? I was playing this game and it said that there was no memory card so i can't save.
you need a gamecube memory card.
I have a modded 4.3u set up with the USB HD.
It works with the USD loaders.
But when i try to run the N64 and the PS1 emulators - the system would not recognize the USB port.
Is there some kind of a guide for this?