Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wasabi V3 and Wii Clip V5B No Disk Recognition

Us Wasabi V3 and Wii Clip V5B No Disk Recognition

Hi All:
    I just installed a Solderless Wasabi Chip with Wii Clip V5B, I live in USA and the S/n of my machine is LU51421. The led lights are on and the drive works fine, it will only read originals and not back ups. It will say disk not recognized. I have read many threads about soldering jumpers and cables. This chip has a cable from F to Q points soldered and jumper 1 is soldered too. I have used Sony DVD-r disks and I can't get them to work. Anybody can get me hint or directions? I am thinking that the chip might be bad.
    Thanks In Advance;

Joshjoey

F to F Ponts Soldered

I just tried soldering the F to F ponts and still not reading of backups.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshjoey View Post
    This chip has a cable from F to Q points soldered and jumper 1 is soldered too.
    You didn't say what type of drive-chip you have .. and I'm too lazy to look it up if you can't post it here .. but the F to Q point on the V5B is the same as the F to F on the board.

You'll also want to check for bent pins on your chip since you installed the wii-clip. I've had problems with the 2 pins on the opposite side of the wii-clip.

Code:
    |----------\
    |          |-----|
    |          |     | <== this side
    |          |-----|
    |----------/
    Sorry for the bad picture .. but I already said I was lazy .. lol!

Us Chip Drive Info

Hi Chubbs:
    I was looking at the serial number compatibility tables and it is most likely I have a GC2R - D2B drive. Thanks for all you help, see if any of this info can help you to route me in the right direction. I will check the pins you mentioned later this afternoon and will let you know my findings. Thanks again for your time.
    Joshjoey

Us Pins Are Looking Good

Hi Chubbs:

Just looked at the pins and they seem to look good. I was wondering, when I ordered the chip and clip bundle I did not specify the kind of drive I have. Could have they configured the chip for a D2C instead of a D2B? Do I have to make any changes?

Thanks In Advance;
    Joshjoey

Wiihacks Recommended
    Pro Installer/Store
    Hi,
    yes you likely have them configured for a d2c and not a d2b. if you take a picture we can confirm. to make it d2b compatible you'll need to cut a few traces.
    Send me a PM if you need any Canadamods.ca support

$9.95 Flat Rate Shipping to Canada & USA
    Official Support for Canadamods. I am here to help.

email: sales@canadamods.ca | website: http://www.canadamods.ca | Phone: +1 416 728 0648

We are the Official Distributors for: P.3Key, Wode JukeBox, WasabiDX, WiiKey, DriveKey, M3i & More - Always Authentic Guarenteed !
    Buy Wode JukeBox v2.0 here: Here

Us You are right, it is a D2B

Hi Spyman:
    It is configured for a D2C and my drive is D2B, I understand I have to do a few things to modify the chip. Any info you might have?
    Thanks in Advance;
    Joshjoey

Us Now I have Red Light Only

Hi:
    Just cut the 4 lines in the clip and jumpped the D2B jumpers and now I am getting red light only on the led lights in the wasabi. Anything else I should look for?
    Thanks

Wiihacks Recommended
    Pro Installer/Store
    that should be all you need to do :-/
    Send me a PM if you need any Canadamods.ca support

$9.95 Flat Rate Shipping to Canada & USA
    Official Support for Canadamods. I am here to help.

email: sales@canadamods.ca | website: http://www.canadamods.ca | Phone: +1 416 728 0648

We are the Official Distributors for: P.3Key, Wode JukeBox, WasabiDX, WiiKey, DriveKey, M3i & More - Always Authentic Guarenteed !
    Buy Wode JukeBox v2.0 here: Here

Us It is still not working, red light!

Thanks Spyman:
    I did everything I was advised to do by the seller "Modchipcentral" and now the led is red constantly, the drive won't spin. I would really appreciate your guidance.

Thanks;
    Joshjoey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast