Tried it, and its very cool, but does not show video when my hard drive is plugged in, just the audio.
Great job though, work out that usb bug and I'll leave it installed.
Works great on 4.1 and 4.2, (unless usb is plugged in)
Crazy Intro is a Homebrew Application for the Nintendo Wii which allows you to replace the health warning screen at startup with your own custom video. It can be anything you like as long as it is in .avi format and will fit on your SD Card.
Crazy Intro took a little bit of setting up and tweaking, but luckily for you I have done it so you don't have too. I know I am just too kind to you.
Simply follow the guide below and you should have your own custom video playing every time you turn on your Nintendo Wii.
- Softmodded Nintendo Wii.
- Priiloader already Installed.
- SD Card to put Video on.
- Crazy Intro Files - DOWNLOAD HERE (Mirror)
Points to Remember:
- You will need to leave the SD Card in the Wii at all times as it loads the video file from it every time you turn on your Wii.
- The intro video will not be displayed when you restart your Wii, you will only see it when you Power On your Wii.
- I tested this on a 4.2 Wii but it should work with all System Menu versions.
- Download the files above and extract them to the root of the SD Card.
- Insert the SD Card into the Wii and load Priiloader by holding the Reset Button while powering on the Wii.
- In Priiloader enable the hack "Replace Health Screen with Backmenu" and scroll to the bottom to save changes.
- Go Back to the Priiloader Main Menu and Select "Load / Install File" you should see the Crazy Intro file, just select it and Press [A] to install it.
- Once again go back to the Priiloader Main Menu and enter the "Settings" Menu.
- You now need to change "Autoboot" to "File" and "Return to" to "System Menu", then scroll to the bottom to save changes.
- Go back to the Priiloader Main Menu for the last time and choose "System Menu" and your Wii should load up as normal.
- Power Off the Wii and Power Back On, you should now see a much improved video intro instead of the boring Health Warning Screen.
- If you want to use your own video file just replace the video1.avi file in the "crazyintro/videos" folder.
- Make sure the video file you use has the name "video1" and it must be a .avi file.
Your video can be as long as you want as long as it fits on the SD Card, you can skip the video intro by pressing [A] while it is playing.
Bonus Boot Video Intro Pack:
The files in the above guide include 1 video, download this intro pack (Mirror) for another two videos to choose from. Don't forget to name them "video1.avi" before copying to the SD Card.
If you have any comments or questions relating to this guide please post them below.
Last edited by Ithian; 02-23-2011 at 11:50 AM. Reason: mediafire mirrors added (OP no longer active)
How about trying to put the file on the hdd - Not sure if this will work just a suggestion....
Try uploading the files to mediafire to
Last edited by narse1979; 09-19-2010 at 05:31 AM.
Just installed on mine.
Only niggle is I need to add a blank 5 secs of nothing to th beginning of the video due to the way the Wii starts up. otherwise it chops it off.
otherwise great little mod
Wii 4.1e + WODE 2.3d + 320G Hard Drive = WiiHD
Boot Mii : DOP Mii : HBC 1.0.8 : Prii 0.3b(r48M)
Cool I cant wait to try it. I am getting all kinds of ideas with this.
Thanks for the guide. Just wondering what happens if you do startup the wii without the sd card in? Will it brick??
Tried it last night....worked perfect!!! Thanks so much!!
Last edited by mizikem23; 11-03-2010 at 04:30 AM.
"Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.
I want to try it. But is this also considered changing a theme? I know that changing your wii themes is not recommended because it has a possible that it will brick your system. I'm on 4.3u.
I've gone over the settings 5 times now. Out of ideas why it's not playing. Help?
It plays when I choose " Installed File ". When I turn on the wii ( not reset ) the video doesn't play and goes right to the system menu. I have the hack enabled and the autoboot to " installed file ".