Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help - bricked my Wii

Thanks

Need help - bricked my Wii

I''ve had Homebrew Channel installed and working for some time, and never updated to 4.3U. I did however update HBC today.

I was following the softmod 4.2 guide, and the last thing I was doing was using Wad manager (step 6 or 7?) as I uninstalled IOS53-v5406 [TB].wad, IOS55-v5406[TB].wad, IOS60patched.wad, and IOS70-patched.wad.

My sd menu was unresponsive after installing the first two wads, so I uninstalled them and still had the prob, so then the next two, and now I get a black screen at start up. Nothing else.

I created a bootmii and backed up my nand before I started messing with the IOS's, but I am unable to access the bootmii menu at start up.

Wii drive flashes blue 1 time when powered.

Please help...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry to say it but you failed and deleted your system IOS. The only thing that can fix it is a nand programmer and your nand.bin backup. Check out the sticky thread in the bricked section.

Guess you missed all the big warnings "never delete an IOS below 200"...
    Damn I suck!!!!

3. 1 User Says Thank You Krank For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Thanks for the fast reply!

I had seen that rule of thumb earlier but I obviously read it wrong, thought it was over 200.

Would you be so kind as to link me to where I need to go, as I'm not so sure I am diagnosing my own problem correctly?
    Last edited by Krank; 07-28-2010 at 04:08 PM. Reason: double post

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    As I said It is a sticky in the Bricked section. Which you have posted in. Look HERE. If you can't do it yourself then PM Bad_ad or Erikie and they might be able to do it for you depending on where in the world you are.
    Damn I suck!!!!

Thanks
    That is one of two stickys I went to, but I wasn't positive that's what I had/have. That looks pretty difficult, and I don't exactly trust myself at this time. I live in Michigan, and an Infectus chip is $45.00. I'm sure there is a labor fee, and shipping to England or Netherlands and back.

Is it guarenteed they'll be able to get it fixed? How much would all of that cost?

I will donate to the site for you helping me (I really appreciate it), I'm just not so sure if I want to send my Wii around the world when it would almost be easier to just buy a new one?

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,476 Times in 3,757 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We don't do this for a given user, but there are others here (Erik, and Bad_Ad) who do.

Thanks
    I am sorry, but don't do what? My brain is swirling from all of this. As I understand, there are 2 ppl (Bad_Ad & Erik) who can fix my Wii and they live across the Atlantic.

I don't much care about what is on the Wii, so long as it's functioning again. And the only way to do that is to buy an Infectus chip and have a NAND programmer?

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,476 Times in 3,757 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickedMyWii10 View Post
    I am sorry, but don't do what? My brain is swirling from all of this. As I understand, there are 2 ppl (Bad_Ad & Erik) who can fix my Wii and they live across the Atlantic.

I don't much care about what is on the Wii, so long as it's functioning again. And the only way to do that is to buy an Infectus chip and have a NAND programmer?
    We as in wiihacks; you mentioned you'd donate for assistance (figured you meant literal in the sense that Krank is capable; he's not re: NAND reprogramming). One of the two individuals I mentioned lives in the UK, the other the Netherlands. If you have a full brick but have a NAND backup, restoration is possible via this method.

Note: just PM'd Bad_Ad for you on this.
    Last edited by nightstah; 07-28-2010 at 05:04 PM.

10. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post

Thanks
    I will donate to the site just for you two replying, talking, guiding, and trying to help me. I know time is money and I thank you for yours (time).

So thats it? I have to buy a chip and/or send my Wii away? There is nothing I can download and/or do myself?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Thats it I'm afraid. No other recovery options will work for you. If you do end up sending it away you will not need to buy the chip. PM bad_ad and he will tell you all the details.
    Last edited by Krank; 07-28-2010 at 05:13 PM.
    Damn I suck!!!!

13. 1 User Says Thank You Krank For This Useful Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast