Thread: Metroid 3: Corruption - Freezes after getting and using grapple on first door

Metroid 3: Corruption - Freezes after getting and using grapple on first door

Playing Metroid 3 just fine. Moved on to the second area, where you get grapple. Move up to first door that requires grapple use, once I grapple the door..the game continues to APPEAR to play however it is actually locked up. Shooting doors still opens the bubble but the actual door doesn't open, also cannot scan.

I made sure I had the IOS that was listed for that game (and I do). Im using USB Loader with IOS 223 to play off USB HDD.

Any ideas? Stumped here I seem to have problems like this with several games.

Arc Rise Fantasia for instance locks up the same way during the opening cutscenes.

Try with your original disc and see if the problem persist
    Downgrade from 4.3 to 4.1

Check this cool game http://supermariobroscrossover.com/

If i get to help you, click the thanks button. It motivates to keep helping

Don't have one !

you re playin from the dvd or a HDD?

If I did help you, click on the thanks button , itīs free
    How to play out of region games (disc playing) Neogamma
    uLoader Priiloader

Quote Originally Posted by unrealtron View Post
    you re playin from the dvd or a HDD?
    USB HDD with CFG USB Loader...thought maybe the rip was messed up so I downloaded another one and reput it on the drive. Same error happens.

Could HDD spindown cause this?
    If HDD is spinning down game would still run in already loaded area but then possibly when I hit the Grapple door its trying to load but can't?

I doubt this is the issue because all my other games seem to work. Play NSMB all the time and play it for hours without a problem...so maybe either a bad ISO or something else..sucks because this is a great game!

Quote Originally Posted by NewYears1978 View Post
    USB HDD with CFG USB Loader...thought maybe the rip was messed up so I downloaded another one and reput it on the drive. Same error happens.
    This forum do not support piracy, i am sorry but you won't get more help, best of luck anyways
    Downgrade from 4.3 to 4.1

Check this cool game http://supermariobroscrossover.com/

If i get to help you, click the thanks button. It motivates to keep helping