Thread: acekard works on one ds, not another

acekard works on one ds, not another

Hi. So I have 2 DS lites (mine and my son's) and just got a second acekard 2i. The first acekard 2i I bought works flawlessly in both DS lites. The one I just got today is only recognized in my DS. When I try to start it up in my son's DS it says "no DS card inserted" If I put the acekard in my son's DS without a sd card it will recognize it as an acekard 2i but ignores it with an sd card. So here's what I got, 2 acekard 2is. One works in both my DS lites. The other only works in one of the DS lite's. Any ideas why? Thanks for any help in advance.

Maybe there is something wrong with the slot in the DS. Try slipping a piece of folded paper in the slot with the AK2i, on the side with the lable, so that it makes a tighter fit, or place a piece of electrical tape on the label side of the AK2i.

Holy Macanoli! That worked! I think I'll just let him keep my card and I'll keep his since they work that way without any alteration. It's just good to know the card isn't defective. I bought his DS used so it is what it is. Thanks so much for the help!

Most of the time the fix is the one that Stomp said but sometimes it can be fixed as easy as blowing into the slot in the DS. I know, sounds weird but it's some sort of electrostatic thing that the GameStop lady showed me and I didn't believe it but it works.