Thread: Need help! Partial install (Wii version 4.0)

Thanks

Need help! Partial install (Wii version 4.0)

So, here's what happened.

The meat of it: I used a card incompatable with the version of my Wii (A Sandisk 16 GB MicroSDHC card with 4.0, is compatable with 4.1) and somehow partially installed some programs.

I thought I was merely having problems, but it took me a while to figure out the cause - The works / doesn't work guide I was looking at was written for 4.3.

Is there any way to completely restore to factory default? I've installed Homebrew Channel and BootMii, at least partially. If I can't, should I try updating via online?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,303 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Parakirby View Post
    So, here's what happened.

The meat of it: I used a card incompatable with the version of my Wii (A Sandisk 16 GB MicroSDHC card with 4.0, is compatable with 4.1) and somehow partially installed some programs.

I thought I was merely having problems, but it took me a while to figure out the cause - The works / doesn't work guide I was looking at was written for 4.3.

Is there any way to completely restore to factory default? I've installed Homebrew Channel and BootMii, at least partially. If I can't, should I try updating via online?

you dont have to restore and do not update to online via nintendo you ll be on 4.3=agony ...use dogeggs 3.1-4.1 guide which you should of followed in first place since your wii is 4.0 you can install hbc and bootmii again....

Thanks
    Alright, I'll try that later tonight and let you know how it goes. Thanks.