Thread: Wiikey does it again!!! with the wiikey2. five or six wire mod

Thanked 1,419 Times in 328 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wiikey does it again!!! with the wiikey2. five or six wire mod

<embed flashvars="txt=Latest%20News&w=135&h=27&offsetLeft =0&offsetTop=0&textalign=start&textcolor=%23ffffff &linkColor=%23ffffff&hoverColor=%23ffffff" pluginspage="" src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="vertical-align: middle;" wmode="transparent" width="135" height="27">

The Infamous Wiikey Team is the first again ...

The first 5 to 6 wire
    mod for all wii versions instead of the 5 to 9 wire

[2008.11.01] Wiikey 2 can now been installed with 6 wires

After a thorough testing phase, we are pleased to confirm that Wiikey 2 can now be installed with just 6 wires on D2C, D2C-2 and D2E. This applies to all Wiikey 2 chips with a yellow serial number sticker on the back. Chips with a white serial number sticker should be installed using 9 wires. The installation guide in the resources section has been updated to reflect this.
    Please note that there are no other differences between the white-sticker and yellow-sticker chips. Both are Wiikey v2.0. Only the wire-count has been changed for the chips with the yellow sticker. DMS, D2B and D2B should still be installed with 5 wires.
    Last edited by ModderMan; 11-04-2008 at 09:26 PM.

Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin

2. 1 User Says Thank You ModderMan For This Useful Post

Wiihacks Recommended
    Pro Installer/Store
    Greater Toronto Area
    I've been beta testing the new 6 wire chip for a while now and it fixes the bugs the 9 wire had, works with an alt G point on the epoxy drives so that it makes an incredibly easy install.
    Send me a PM if you need any support

$9.95 Flat Rate Shipping to Canada & USA
    Official Support for Canadamods. I am here to help.

email: | website: | Phone: +1 416 728 0648

We are the Official Distributors for: P.3Key, Wode JukeBox, WasabiDX, WiiKey, DriveKey, M3i & More - Always Authentic Guarenteed !
    Buy Wode JukeBox v2.0 here: Here

4. 3 Users Say Thank You to Spyman For This Useful Post

Spyman, do you know which of the Wiikey 2 you guys have been shipping lately? I am still waiting for mine to arrive from you. I am really hoping that it will be the 6 wire model, thos drive pins look quite small.

Help Me

I need the solder point for the wii chipset pin above the D point for the wiikey 2 because the pin of the wii chipset is broken.

Please help me
    Last edited by SumTaypei; 01-17-2009 at 10:13 PM.