Updating to System Menu 4.0+
I am currently on 3.2e but would now like the sdhc support that comes through upgrading to any system menu over 4.0
a) What is the best sys menu at this stage to upgrade to?
b) if anyone has any suggested guides to throw down please do
c) will i have to uninstall preloader 3.0 prior to updating my system?
2. Have you previously softmodded your Wii and via a wiihacks recommended guide? If so, this is the guide for you.
3. 3.0? Did you have Preloader installed or Priiloader? If the former, might want to update. I believe it's included in #2 above.
1. cheers for the speedy reply
2. Yes, i loosely followed a guide similar to this up to and including step 3
3. My mistake, it is preloader 0.30 not 3.0. It's just that in all the upgrading guides i've seen they have updated the system menu prior to installing preloader/priiloader. Do you think it would be smarter to uninstall preloader 0.30 before following any of the steps in the guide above just to be safe?
I know with Priiloader you can simply install right on top of without removing. I have Preloader .30R4 installed on my 4.1 Wii; I believe with a SM install, it removes it anyway and will need to be reinstalled.
My only worry was obviously any risk of a brick, but my nand backup covers that. Anything to save me the effort of a wii restore is a good thing though
Actually just on that, BootMii installed as boot2 wont be affected through a sys menu update will it? I don't assume it will but i thought i may as well ask anyways.
Tags for this Thread