Okay I just hacked my wii using ShadowSonic's 4.2U guide...a few concerns:
1) I can't go on the news, forecast, wii shop channel. It asks me to update and I obviously don't want to, I think I need to install .wad(s) but where? Link?
2) The USB Loader GX icon is DIMMED on the System Menu, why is that? Because no USB drive is connected?
3) The NES emulator asked for an update, should I accept?? I'm VERY hesitated against updating now so forgive me if I seem naive.
4) I got so much crap in my /apps folder. Can I delete the clos hermes, clos38r-17, DOP-mii, trucha bug restorer? someone tell me what apps should I keep on my SD card, please. I really wish I can just keep the wadmanager, priiloader,the emulators....but I don't know.
5) What is the best version of mPlayer right now? My wii doesn't read DVD movies I probably have that D3 dvd drive, CAN I SWAP IT for a older model?
6) If I were to brick, how can I recover from it? bootmii was installed as a IOS, and not boot2, do I unbrick using priiloader??? Do I choose the BootMii IOS on the priiloader menu???
I will pretty much fully understand after having these questions answered. Thanks for this lovely forum, I'll donate soon
1. Look here.
3. An update to the emulator, or System Menu? Which emulator and what version?
4. Keep wad manager and your Neo Gamma folder at minimum. Emulators and whatever else you want.
5. Actually, mplayer ce is becoming second banana to Wiimc.
6. Priiloader is meant to prevent bricks, not fix bricks. Enable block disc and online updates at minimum. BootMii/IOS can make NAND backups, but it's not meant to restore them. So long as you make a backup, if you have a bad brick you could find someone to use a NAND reprogrammer (hardware/software combo) to perhaps restore it, provided you have the NAND backup.
1) Only mentions the shop channel, how about the news and forecast??
Originally Posted by nightstah
1.5) Also, can I delete the wads in the WAD folder (root of SD card) after installing them???
3) The NES emulator called FCE Ultra GX and it tries to update within the emulator. I believe it's the latest version I found today..so it's weird.
5) It's confirmed, I have a D3 DVD drive...wiimc couldn't read my DVD movie. Can I swap the DVD drive from a previous model????
6) I do have a NAND back up, the solution though sounds hard. Is it a DIY for a typical guy like me..? I do well when following instructions but not when it seems too advanced.
can the wii support 16gb SDHC?
Last edited by Wiifev3r; 07-10-2010 at 10:31 PM.
In addition to my 2nd post, considering I have block online updates using priiloader, can I enable Wiiconnect24 to use the forecast/news channels? Seems to make sense that priiloader will block it from updating my wii BUT i want to be sure.
Retired WiiHacks Staff
yes it will stop it updating, also enable block disc updates. To be onest these channels do nothing for me. You have a pc so just use metcheck lol depending on which country you are in that is
Is there a way to keep the disc slot illuminated at all times?