D2E A9 Feedback
Is anyone here using a D2E A9? Any feedback on the same?
I know its a Wasabi v3 Clone, but that doesnt make it bad except for future support. And as far as i know being a Wasabi v3 clone, it should be able to play anything the v3 can currently.
So anyone who faced an issue? Any games not working? etc?
I got a D2E - A9 fitted into my wii and that too for free, my local modder in india only had the a9s, i helped him hack some psps using pandora so he did me this favor in return :-)
Thanks Sypman, Spkitsu for all the help till date
Last edited by ModderMan; 11-03-2008 at 02:05 AM.
Last edited by ModderMan; 11-15-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Ye Spkitsu, infact im gonna review the A9 one of these days on Wii hacks.
One of the really cool things is that it plays DVD-RW and DVD+RW flawlessly (Sony DVD-RW and Moserbaer DVD+RW) which is kinda nice, that way i test the games on rws and then burn them on real discs, hate wasting discs!!!
Sweet.. good idea! and i know what you mean.. Wasting discs sucks big time!
D2E A9 is a really good mod chip im happy with its features ..
Later bro.. Happy Gaming..
Here is my tiny review of the D2E A9.
Slightly more than a week into having installed the modchip (wired and soldered into the drive with the help of a professional), what i've seen working:
- Plays Wii backups
- Doesnt seem to care about region, i have a NTSC - U but ive tried 10+ pal games and none seem to have given issues.None required to be loaded through GeckoOS.Infact i dont have a single ntsc game :-)
- Plays DVD-rw , yes i mean re-writeables, this helps test out games although i stopped once i saw that all pal games work.
- Plays Sony DVD-R very well, burnt 10+ games, all work
- Havent tried SSBB, but loads SMG without any issue so i assume it can do SSBB too.
- Hangs after running GeckoOS game loads and some homebrew. Not sure if this is a chip thing though, if it aint ill remove this con from the post
Not really a con but a FYI..
- Had inching once since install, but i think thats cuz of the dvd-rw i was trying but its like a 0.01% chance so it works fine all the time
Overall i think this chip is super cheap, no hassle for install, dos everything a D2Pro9 and Wasabi can do, i would recommend it!!