D2E A9 Feedback
Is anyone here using a D2E A9? Any feedback on the same?
I know its a Wasabi v3 Clone, but that doesnt make it bad except for future support. And as far as i know being a Wasabi v3 clone, it should be able to play anything the v3 can currently.
So anyone who faced an issue? Any games not working? etc?
I got a D2E - A9 fitted into my wii and that too for free, my local modder in india only had the a9s, i helped him hack some psps using pandora so he did me this favor in return :-)
Thanks Sypman, Spkitsu for all the help till date
Last edited by ModderMan; 11-03-2008 at 02:05 AM.
Last edited by ModderMan; 11-15-2008 at 10:17 AM.
1 User Says Thank You §piktsµ For This Useful Post
Ye Spkitsu, infact im gonna review the A9 one of these days on Wii hacks.
One of the really cool things is that it plays DVD-RW and DVD+RW flawlessly (Sony DVD-RW and Moserbaer DVD+RW) which is kinda nice, that way i test the games on rws and then burn them on real discs, hate wasting discs!!!
Sweet.. good idea! and i know what you mean.. Wasting discs sucks big time!
D2E A9 is a really good mod chip im happy with its features ..
Later bro.. Happy Gaming..
Here is my tiny review of the D2E A9.
Slightly more than a week into having installed the modchip (wired and soldered into the drive with the help of a professional), what i've seen working:
- Plays Wii backups
- Doesnt seem to care about region, i have a NTSC - U but ive tried 10+ pal games and none seem to have given issues.None required to be loaded through GeckoOS.Infact i dont have a single ntsc game :-)
- Plays DVD-rw , yes i mean re-writeables, this helps test out games although i stopped once i saw that all pal games work.
- Plays Sony DVD-R very well, burnt 10+ games, all work
- Havent tried SSBB, but loads SMG without any issue so i assume it can do SSBB too.
- Hangs after running GeckoOS game loads and some homebrew. Not sure if this is a chip thing though, if it aint ill remove this con from the post
Not really a con but a FYI..
- Had inching once since install, but i think thats cuz of the dvd-rw i was trying but its like a 0.01% chance so it works fine all the time
Overall i think this chip is super cheap, no hassle for install, dos everything a D2Pro9 and Wasabi can do, i would recommend it!!