Thread: update Wii Softmodding for Dummies v4.1 to fix oo2 error

update Wii Softmodding for Dummies v4.1 to fix oo2 error

Hi there, am newbie to the site.
    i modded my wii a few months ago with Wii Softmodding for Dummies v4.1 (firmware 3.3 on wii) with sucess
    now tho am finding newer games get the error 002 message (i use usb loader). i was hoping for a quick fix (download 1 file to overwrite another). i have downloaded "Softmod Update 24042010" from a link on this site, but says i will need a wifi connection, which i dont have.
    could someone please tell me if wifi/internet is totally necessary, or can i just update via the sd card as i did in the beginning?
    i just want to be able to fix the 002 error on the usb loader, anything else the update has is a bonus, but not needed,,,,,,, i think?

any help would be greatly apreciated (more so for my boys, im still happy with mario kart, when i get a go, but anyway)

many thanks

MuddyFunsta

there is an 002 error fix in usb loader if you do not have it then you need to update your loader
    have a look here
    USB Loader GX: Downloads

thanks very much N1gel, think i will need to update the loader
    but before i do where should i look for the 002 error fix in usb loader?

many thanks

muddyfunsta

All-Around OK Guy
    when you choose a game, while it shows the spinning disc, chose options. there is a bunch of different loading options to choose. MOST games work with no adjustments. Good luck! BTW, i use revision 937, and have zero issues.

In USB Loader go to Settings (button bottom left)

Then go to "game load" or something like that then switch the 002 fix to on, alternatively do it on a game by game basis using the settings for each game, you don't need to change your softmod

thanks everyone
    think i am getting closer. i used "USBLoaderGX_1.0_Installer.exe" to install a newer usb loader and now i get the spinning blue disc and option for 002 fix which i didnt have before, only problem is i can only access it from the sd card and think i need to turn it into a channel on my wii, any advice on how to do this? and do i need to update any cios files, if yes, do i delete the old?
    hope one of you can give one last piece of advice to sort my problem, otherwise think i may have to bite the bullet and start again with a newer mod
    if i do have to start again with a newer mod, will i have to delete my original mod completely?

all help apreciated

MuddyFunsta

namyarb3 think i will install your mod, but could you tell me- will it overwite my original mod? or do i have to delete? i have firmware 3.3 on my wii

many thanks

MuddyFunsta

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by muddyfunsta View Post
    namyarb3 think i will install your mod, but could you tell me- will it overwite my original mod? or do i have to delete? i have firmware 3.3 on my wii

many thanks

MuddyFunsta
    are you talking about updating an old soft mod?

Have a look here
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-softmod.html

thanks narse 1979

think i have looked here before. it mentions needing a wifi connection which i dont have at the moment, but reading thro quickly cant see why you need it?
    anyway, when i get time i think i will probably give it a go.

once again, Thanks everyone for your help

MuddyFunsta