Thread: Where to start? USB Loader

Where to start? USB Loader

Ok long story short, last year sometime I softmodded my Wii. I am on 4.2U I believe and I added the homebrew channel and then loaded emulators. That was the extent of my modding.

I am trying to build myself a nice clean looking entertainment center and it would be awesome if I could put all my games on a USB drive (I have a 1TB Verbatim USB drive) and load them from there without having to access the Wii itself. However as I said its been over a year so I'm not sure where I would start. Should I remove all existing mods (and how would I do that) and start from scratch? Am I already most of the way there and just have to do some simple steps to get going?

I can provide any info regarding the system if needed. From what I've read I basically just have to install the IOS and cIOS stuff and away I go but I wanted to make sure I dont need to update or anything like that.

Thanks!

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff

Junior Moderator
    On your harddrive (file name: Bliepo.crazy)
    Just follow this guide: Softmod for ANY 4.2 Wii!, start from step 5.
    Awesome sig picture does not work
    Brick Prevention- Things you should never do | Ignoring advice and bricking | Be a jedi, donate
    Guide: Softmod ANY wii | How to post a system check | Loading and Playing Wii Backup Games from USB HDD (softmod only)
    System Menu X (IOS150, E) | HBC 1.08 (IOS58) | bootmii/boot2v4 | priiloader 0.7 | cIOSX rev21d2x_v6 (main base IOS 57) | cIOS 223 (IOS 37 + 38 merged) | USB Loader GX 2.2

No update needed. Just install the necessary IOSs or cIOSs as newer games or applications need them. I would also check to see that your hdd is compatible with homebrew. I was in a similar spot sometime ago, but your old mod should still work fine.

|4.1U|Bootmii/boot2|Priiloader v.04|
    |Wiiflow 2.1 Forwarder|Triiforce MRC SS USB Forwarder|VBAgx v2.0.08|WiiMC v1.0.6|

Create your own custom system menu theme

IF YOU FOUND MY POST HELPFUL, PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK THANKS!

Wow thanks for the quick replies!

I had one other question though. When I originally modded my Wii I dont believe I installed BootMii. My Wii is from the original launch batch (I got it the day they came out) which I think means it is possible for me to install BootMii as Boot2. Should I do this first? Do I need to reinstall my HBC to do it?

Thanks for the guide!

If you can install bootmii/boot2, it is always recommended. You shouldn't need to reinstall anything afterwards, but I'm sure there is a guide out there on what to do. I know I would have followed it.

|4.1U|Bootmii/boot2|Priiloader v.04|
    |Wiiflow 2.1 Forwarder|Triiforce MRC SS USB Forwarder|VBAgx v2.0.08|WiiMC v1.0.6|

Create your own custom system menu theme

IF YOU FOUND MY POST HELPFUL, PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK THANKS!