Thread: Medal of Honor Heroes 2 doesn't work (I've used the search function but i won't read)

Thanks

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 doesn't work (I've used the search function but i won't read)

I got a backup for Medal of Honor Heroes 2 and burned it into a DVD -R Verbatim at 4x.
    I tried playing it but once it loads up the Wiimote Strap Screen the Wiimote disconnects and there's no way to sync it back.

I have searched and I have found that this game requires an alternate DOL file. I kind of understand the concept, but how can I get this game running from a backup CD? I have no HDD available so I can't load from USB.
    This alt.dol thing only works when loading via USB right? Is there any way to get it running from a DVD on neogamma v8?

I have searched for that answer but every reply seems to mention one that only applies for USB loader users.

Thank you.

Retired Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    alt.dol will work, in neogamma, set alt.dol to 'disc' then yo ucan select the dol file to run.

3. 1 User Says Thank You davepm For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Oh so you can select an alt dol to use when using a disk? But how does one do that exactly? I've read that for loading alt dol files you need to have them on a USB folder named alt-dols or something like that and then select it from the loader. But if I don't have any availabe USB how do I load a specific .dol file? Do I just insert it on WiiScrubber? Is there any guide into doing this?

Retired Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGretsch View Post
    Oh so you can select an alt dol to use when using a disk? But how does one do that exactly? I've read that for loading alt dol files you need to have them on a USB folder named alt-dols or something like that and then select it from the loader. But if I don't have any availabe USB how do I load a specific .dol file? Do I just insert it on WiiScrubber? Is there any guide into doing this?
    1st thing to do is actually read what i posted above, i didnt just type it for fun.......

Thanks
    Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Also, you didn't search very hard...Google search string..."Wii hacks Problematic games" -- First link on the page includes the solution for that game. (Can also be found with many other search strings)
    Damn I suck!!!!

Thanks
    Well sorry. Yes I read your post but I guess I still don't understand the whole alt dol concept. So I have to do absolutely nothing else other than selecting "set alt dol to disc" in neogamma? and what .dol file am I supposed to run? I'm sorry if I'm really stupid, but posts I've read seem to skip over this basic concept I'm not understanding very well...

Edit: Yeah I had read that post before. It says "Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2
    Use Game.dol". However, it seems as if that post only helps USB loaders.

Edit 2: Oh I'm supposed to run Game.dol then. I think I get it then. I was really stupid then. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by JoeGretsch; 06-27-2010 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2
    Use Game.dol
    Try reading it again. It also explains what davepm told you to do as well. It's all there.
    Damn I suck!!!!