Thread: Could CIOS changes cause WiFi malfunction

Thanks

Could CIOS changes cause WiFi malfunction

Hey! So I have this wii, can I installed the HBC and I started installing some CIOS and stuff to get USB games to work, but I couldn'd so I just uninstalled everything. Then, I didn't check for a long time. Now my Wifi doesn't work. It just can't find the signal, and it used to. Do you think its because of that? How can I fix it?

Thanks
    does it find any other signal but yours. if it is that, try resetting your router and it may come up.

3. 1 User Says Thank You BIGBOYSAC For This Useful Post

Thanks
    You might've uninstalled something important... did you delete any IOSes at all?

5. 1 User Says Thank You MWisBest For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sky5725 View Post
    Hey! So I have this wii, can I installed the HBC and I started installing some CIOS and stuff to get USB games to work, but I couldn'd so I just uninstalled everything. Then, I didn't check for a long time. Now my Wifi doesn't work. It just can't find the signal, and it used to. Do you think its because of that? How can I fix it?
    Have you gone into the Wii settings menu and setup another wifi connection? With my router, I have to press in the little button on the front until the light starts flashing, then I goto the Wii and make the connection.

7. 1 User Says Thank You Stomp_442 For This Useful Post

Thanks
    It does not find any other signals, and there are others around.
    I did not uninstall any IOSes either.
    I have tried to create another connection. I have cleared everything and tried. I get no results from it, and my router has no buttons, but I can easily connect to my Wi-Fi using my DS lite or my PSP and I have at least 3 other computers that can connect to the router wirelessly.

Also, I would just like to add, I greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks
    I think you might have to accept a new license agreement from Nintendo. I'll double check this but I think I might've done this...

Wii Options >> Wii Settings >> Internet >> User Agreements >> Yes >> ACCEPT

But make sure you block online updates with Priiloader first.

It said the last update to the agreement was 6/22 or something like that, about when 4.3x was released.

10. 1 User Says Thank You MWisBest For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Thank you also for your help. I also contact Nintendo support through e-mail and I didn't mention any of the hacking, but it turns out there are too many signals in my house. I mean, I have 8 cordless phones, 4 different sets of them, and tons of other stuff that interferes with it. I know in the wall, there are tons of wires and cell phones and stuff get in the way. Thank you all, I truly appreciate your time and help.