Thread: I just Soft-Modded my Wii, well its working but I have some questions in mind

Thanks

Lightbulb I just Soft-Modded my Wii, well its working but I have some questions in mind

My Wii is hard modded and was semi bricked from an out of region update, I followed mauifrog instructions at:
    http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-...era-error.html

And I was able to fix the error, till that stage my Wii was running version 4.1U and I was able to run different copied games without any problem.

Then I decided to soft Mod my Wii, I followed also Mauifrog guide (Guide: Softmod ANY Wii)
    Everything went as instructed except for Step 5 (Update ios files and system menu), I was able to install IOS249 , but then the My Wii freezed when I tried to install the system menu, when I rebooted the Wii and tried to enter IOS 249 again from the Dop Mii menu it gave me an error (something related to signing as I remember), any way I decided to proceed with the rest of the instructions as I've already installed System menu 4.1U when I fixed the semi-brick issue.

After I finished following all the instruction, when I tried to run the usb loader it gave me an error related for IOS222 (Exception (DSI) occurred!) , I searched the forum and then followed :Install IOS 202, 222, 223

When I tried to install 222 using IOS 249 it kept on freezing (I tried both Hermes v4 and 5.1) , so what I did was selecting IOS 236 instead of 249 , after that it worked fine, and the usb loader loaded successfully, I noticed when I booted it for the first time it gave some error messages regarding IOS 249 then it continued on loading IOS 236, now whenever I bought the usb loader it works directly without any error messages.

I tried two new NTSC games with the USB loader (Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Fifa Worldcup 2010) and both worked fine without any issues.

Now my questions are:
    1- Why my system refused to install cIOS 222 on IOS 249 ?
    2- Will using IOS 236 affect the functionality of my Wii ?
    3- Do I have to install a region changer to run PAL games ?, or its not needed because I have a mod chip installed ?

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff

Junior Moderator
    On your harddrive (file name: Bliepo.crazy)
    Thanks
    1 - It could be that cIOSX rev19 just doesn't work with Hermes cIOS installer. It could also be that IOS 249 got damaged somehow. I recommend using IOS 36 to install cIOS 222.
    2 - I tried looking up info about IOS 236 but couldn't find much usefull. Just try reinstalling cIOSX rev19.
    3 - No, you do nit need to install a region changer. Just use the setting of your USB Loader to force NTSC video mode for PAL games.
    Awesome sig picture does not work
    Brick Prevention- Things you should never do | Ignoring advice and bricking | Be a jedi, donate
    Guide: Softmod ANY wii | How to post a system check | Loading and Playing Wii Backup Games from USB HDD (softmod only)
    System Menu X (IOS150, E) | HBC 1.08 (IOS58) | bootmii/boot2v4 | priiloader 0.7 | cIOSX rev21d2x_v6 (main base IOS 57) | cIOS 223 (IOS 37 + 38 merged) | USB Loader GX 2.2

Thanks
    As I said the the Loader is working fine, but I have a feeling that I did something wrong thats why I posted this topic, so now for installing IOS 36, I should use Dop Mii to access it and then intal cIOS 222 or what ?

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff

Junior Moderator
    On your harddrive (file name: Bliepo.crazy)
    Thanks
    No, just download the cIOS 222 installer. Start the installer. It will ask you which IOS you want to use to install. Choose IOS 36.

I don't believe it is a big problem that you didn't manage to do step 5, because you were allready at 4.1. Still, I do not know for sure. If you want to know for sure, try step 5 again (skip installing system menu 4.1, it is already installed anyway).
    Awesome sig picture does not work
    Brick Prevention- Things you should never do | Ignoring advice and bricking | Be a jedi, donate
    Guide: Softmod ANY wii | How to post a system check | Loading and Playing Wii Backup Games from USB HDD (softmod only)
    System Menu X (IOS150, E) | HBC 1.08 (IOS58) | bootmii/boot2v4 | priiloader 0.7 | cIOSX rev21d2x_v6 (main base IOS 57) | cIOS 223 (IOS 37 + 38 merged) | USB Loader GX 2.2