Thread: External rom storage

External rom storage

I've looked this question up and read several different answers. Hopefully I can get a straight answer here.

Is it possible to use an external hdd to hold your roms instead of an sd card? I ask because the largest sd card is 8 gigs, and I've got over 30 gigs worth of roms.

Lastly, if I can use one of my ehdds for storage does it need to be a specific format?

Might help if you let us know what emulator you are referring to.

Does that really matter? I figure if the Wii will recognize my ehdd, and is able to play the roms off it, the specific emu doesn't matter. If I'm mistaken please tell me so.

Yes most emulators support loading roms from a USB Device. For storage on your PC you mean? FAT32 or NTFS.

Yes it matters to a degree as not all emus support loading from USB.
    Damn I suck!!!!

It all depends on how the emulator works. If the programmer setup a way to change the paths then it should be possible. Each app that you run on your wii is different. Some more features then others.

It really depends on the emulator. Some, like DSEmulator can read roms from a hdd, but others, like VBAgx only read the sd. If your emulator isn't hdd compatible, either find a new emulator, or get the source code and figure it out.

|4.1U|Bootmii/boot2|Priiloader v.04|
    |Wiiflow 2.1 Forwarder|Triiforce MRC SS USB Forwarder|VBAgx v2.0.08|WiiMC v1.0.6|

Create your own custom system menu theme

IF YOU FOUND MY POST HELPFUL, PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK THANKS!

Finally, a straight answer. Thx for the info.