Though I am not necessarily new to this site, this is my first registered post. I softmodded my wii over a year and a half ago and everything has been going great. I've been playing wii and gc backups for a while with no problems, but as the new games come out I'm more and more cautious of problems such as bricking my wii with game updates as I have the HBC installed with my 3.3U wii.
I have a few questions regarding this:
1) If I reformat my wii memory will that get rid of everything i installed (meaning the HBC and various other wads I installed)?
2) If that does work, is it recommended that i update to the latest sys menu to the latest version? and
3) if i did go to the latest version, are all the same things available (like hbc and back up loader) for the wii with, say, sys menu 4.2 or whatever it's at now?
I'ts not a huge deal if i lose save data (though i am still in the middle of a sweet super metroid game), I just want to be able to take advantage of things, like say, the internet - uloadrer won't even work without it.
Thanks in advance!
Just use the guide to softmod your wii. http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html You don't have to undo anything or format anything. I would only go to 4.1. All your data will be stay intact.
Dr. House @ Wiihacks
Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
2. Yes, but you should follow Dogegg's any 3.1-4.1 Wii softmod recommended guide. You have to update to 4.1, Priiloader doesn't support 3.3 (and obviously neither the hacks).
3. Do not update via Nintendo. This would involve a more difficult mod/tutorial for 4.2 (whose sole purpose is to be a Homebrew killer). See #2 above.
4. I do not believe it'll tamper with your saved games (though formatting as you mentioned in #1 will).
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help!
I have just one problem with the guide mentioned above: I have no internet connection. I did, however, find a thread about updating to 4.1 offline and using NUSD to download the appropriate upgrade, and it mentioned that i have to install the ios60 patched or else i will brick. now that (I think) I have all of these things, am I good to do? If not, am I at least on the right track?
I've got the ios60 patched from the above guide, and i got the system menu that said v449 (4.1U). Is there anything else I'll need?
Any help on this would be great.