Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DopMii and cIOS Installer works, but other wads not shown in homebrew channel

Thanks

DopMii and cIOS Installer works, but other wads not shown in homebrew channel

Sorry, I posted this thread in the Forum Help section by mistake. I misread it to be something it was not. All my patches are applied and everything is working. Great! Now I am screwed. When I load a WAD file (WAD manager or any other homebrew app) wad in the SD, it doesn't show in the homebrew menu. I am tempted to wipe the whole thing and restart.

Edit:

I followed this No need to post links to other guides here.

and

Everything was working fine until I tried to load any other wads. I even tried guides here and the wads wouldn't load. I also reformatted the SD card.
    Last edited by oddgriffin; 06-02-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 Times in 863 Posts
    Do you mean it doesn't show up on the list in Wad Manager from the wads folder on your SD card? Your post is a little confusing to me. If this is the cae what type of SD car4d are you using? You might trying doing a full format on it, not a qucik format and see iff that helps.

Thanks
    I will try a full format. I am using a Lexar 2gig multi-use stick. Sorry, what I was saying was that certain applications show up in the homebrew browser. So DopMii and CIOSinstaller can be seen in the menu, but others can't.

Thanks
    OK. that make a little more since. A wad file is not what you see in the Homebrew Channel. A wad file is something that get installed into your wii. Anything that is displayed in the Homebrew Channel is an application and most of the time is a file called boot.dol. Somethings I have found before and still do by mistake is to not have the folder/file structure correct. As an example for DOP-mii it looks like this.

SD:\apps\DOP-mii\boot.dol
    SD:\apps\DOP-mii\icon.png
    SD:\apps\DOP-mii\meta.xml

Make sure that the application folder under the "apps" folder contains a file called boot.dol.

Thanks
    Sorry, .dol. Even then they don't show. To test what was going on, I downloaded the file pack from one of the tuts, and had everything in the root folder how they show it, and it still didn't work. :/

Thanks
    I'm guessing it's an SD card compatibility issue.

Thanks
    If it was an sd compatibility issue, i suppose that even dop-mii or cios installer shouldn't show up in HBC. I guess wrong file structure.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tysss View Post
    If it was an sd compatibility issue, i suppose that even dop-mii or cios installer shouldn't show up in HBC. I guess wrong file structure.
    You would be right on that. Double check the file structure.

Again this is wha it should look like.

SD:\apps\(WHATEVER APP)\boot.dol

This is the mistake I find myself making

SD:\apps\(WHATEVER APP)\(WHATEVER APP)\boot.dol

Thanks
    That was my problem Krafter, thanks! I spent all day yesterday fiddling with my Wii to the absence of sleep, eating and socializing and I got burnt out. I now get a -1 error. I took some snapshots.

Thanks
    OK, I think we are both confused on what you are trying to do. I have never seen this "yet another Wad Manager" that you are using, I use the plane old trust worthy "Wad Manager".

A ".wad" file is not the same thing as a ".dol" file. A wad is something that gets installed into your wii using an app like "wad manager" launched from HBC and a dol file is just an app that runs on your wii with no install that launches directly from HBC. Dol files go into a file structure as we have been discussing and all wad files go into a folder called "wad". Example:

SD:\wad\SOMEWAD.wad

If you are getting a -1 it is most likely a SD card compatibility issue. either reformat or buy a Sandisk or wii SD card.
    Last edited by Krafter; 06-03-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast