Thread: Drive Key problem noobie needs advice

Drive Key problem noobie needs advice

i have a red drivekey soderless tell me if i did something wrong it plays backups and store bought games but its cuts about 1 1/2 inches off each side of my screen its a 46 inch plasma if that matters at all any advice would help its a usa unit

Quote Originally Posted by bulliebreed34 View Post
    i have a red drivekey soderless tell me if i did something wrong it plays backups and store bought games but its cuts about 1 1/2 inches off each side of my screen its a 46 inch plasma if that matters at all any advice would help its a usa unit
    I have some games that cuts off only because some games are not meant to be played on 46" TVs. This is what I experienced. But if it's all your games, then I'm not sure what's up with that.

I'm not sure that the size would have anything to do with it. With TV's the most common ratio's are 4:3 and 16:9 however Philips and Vizio are starting to use 21:9. So in other words the game that you are playing has to match these ratio's to display correctly. It is easy to scale up or down with the 4:3 and 16:9 (16:9 is 4:3 squared) ratio's but if you have a TV that is the 21:9 then you would end up with bars on the side of your screen.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio_(image)
    Last edited by Krafter; 08-09-2010 at 06:54 AM.