Thread: Recomneded guide for PSP-1001???

Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 Times in 863 Posts

Recomneded guide for PSP-1001???

A friend of mine brought me a PSP-1001 and asked mii to softmod it for him so he can play backup games. I was able to determine that this is possible but I am a little hesitant to following just any guide. The guides I am finding seem to give you the files that are needed but lack details such as what hardware is needed. I read that a special battery is needed along with a special memory stick but in other post I read that those things are not needed. As of now my friend doesn't have a memory stick and I don't want to tell him just to go out and buy one until I know for sure what he needs. A little advice would be great.

Thanks

Thanks
    He will need to have a memory card to store his ISO's on anyway,no point in having a custom firmware enabled PSP without one,and the bigger/faster the card the better!.
    A pandoras battery and magic memory stick are easy enough to make if you already have a PSP with custom firmware (CFW),5.50 gen D-3 for example.You can also revert the battery/mem stick back to normal after you have installed the CFW onto your friends PSP.
    If you have no CFW enabled PSP,you can buy a Pandora's battery & IPL injected mem stick from the net.
    There is a way of putting CFW on psp using various 'hacks' but they are dependant on what official firmware the psp is on.

3. 1 User Says Thank You DrTerror666 For This Useful Post

Thanks
    DrTerror has the right idea. I'd reccomend a 4gig Memory stick PRO DUO. like he said, you'll need a PSP that already has CFW on it to make things a lot smoother. if you dont, you could always hardmod your battery into a pandora battery (which i had to do, and just soldered it back. didnt wanna pay for another battery i didnt need) and get a IPL injector program to make the memory stick into a MMS.

5. 2 Users Say Thank You to rareshadow For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Thanks so much. You have given me a place to get started. The FW that is on it now is 3.xx. I don't have it in hand right now but I will look into that version and see if I can install a CFW with buying a Pandora's battery and IPL mem stick.

Thanks again!

7. 1 User Says Thank You Krafter For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rareshadow View Post
    DrTerror has the right idea. I'd reccomend a 4gig Memory stick PRO DUO. like he said, you'll need a PSP that already has CFW on it to make things a lot smoother. if you dont, you could always hardmod your battery into a pandora battery (which i had to do, and just soldered it back. didnt wanna pay for another battery i didnt need) and get a IPL injector program to make the memory stick into a MMS.
    Ha! I just checked out how to make a Pandora battery and the IPL injector and it all seem easy enough for me.

I am thinking of telling him to buy a "Sony - 8GB Memory Stick PRO Duo Memory Card". Will this work? If so, I am assuming that it can also be used as the normal memory stick for the PSP.

edit: nvm I answered my own question. Google is a wonderful thing.

You have to forgive me if I am asking noob questions but the first time I even seen a PSP was when the same friend brought it to me when it wouldn't play games or movies. After I replaced the UMD we then started talking about softmoding.

Thanks again both of you.
    Last edited by Krafter; 06-03-2010 at 12:20 PM.

9. 1 User Says Thank You Krafter For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Thanks again guys. I was able to make a Pandora Battery and a Magic Stick, load up a CFW and can now play backup game on his PSP.

Thanks
    Well done mate!,glad you managed to do it!,its easy when you know how!.
    Just wanted to say that instead of an expensive sony mem stick,(its not easy to get a legit cheap one either!),maybe you should try the 'Photofast CR-5400' micro sd card adaptor with a couple of Sandisk 8GB micro sd cards plugged in to it (its what I use).16GB for next to nothing,and it has faster read speeds than an unreliable sony copy!.(works great with GTA,etc!).
    DT

Thanks
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    I bougt two 8GB Sandisc Memory Stick Pro DUO cards for my PSP, and both of them are junk when used with the PSP. Just a heads up, now I have lots of storage for my Sony camera.