Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simple Question.

Simple Question.

I have a problem, and since I saw the title Homebrew Master I figure i'd ask you for a solution.

I recently got a Wii, I have firmware v3.3U on it, and I installed the Homebrew channel and Emulators etc successfully. My question is, since everyone speaks in a round-about sort of way, is- Is there any possible way I can play "back-up" games on my Wii, without buying a modchip- just using homebrew?

I'm not sure if you're online or not at the moment, so I guess i'm going to post this publicly as well.

Thanks in advance

-Craig.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (links, etc.)

Banned
    Yes you use a backup loader from a creator, like Waninikoko's or Wii gators. You have to special patch the ISO when running it. At the moment I still believe a modchip is better, until a 100% ISO loader is released. Anymore questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiiwouldliketohack View Post
    Yes you use a backup loader from a creator, like Waninikoko's or Wii gators. You have to special patch the ISO when running it. At the moment I still believe a modchip is better, until a 100% ISO loader is released. Anymore questions?
    I'm confused as to what you mean by "Special Patch".

I would consider a modchip, but I don't have the money at the moment.

I suppose i'm about to run to WalMart for some DVD's, hints as to which ones work the best?

Thanks.

Banned
    There is patch you put on the ISO so it runs through the Homebrew app. Look at a TUT and you will see what I am talking about. Get Verbatim 16x dvd-r. Then use Imgburn to burn it.

There is patch you put on the ISO so it runs through the Homebrew app. Look at a TUT and you will see what I am talking about. Get Verbatim 16x dvd-r. Then use Imgburn to burn it.
    Thanks, any other tips would help while i'm away, and maybe even a link to a tutorial?

Banned
    Okkkkk I guess I can get you a link to a good TUT and maybe some vids lol

Banned
    http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-hacks/56...en-source.html This one basicly sums it up plus has conversation from others about it

http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-hacks/56...en-source.html This one basicly sums it up plus has conversation from others about it
    Thanks, about to check out that tutorial, just got home from Wal-Mart, all they had was Maxell's.

Banned
    Lol that is my name xD Try to get Verbatim man so your not making coasters

Quote Originally Posted by Moderate View Post
    just got home from Wal-Mart, all they had was Maxell's.
    All I use now for my backup burns are Maxell DVD-R's from Wal-Mart .. every one has worked.

Using ImgBurn at 2X .. Smart-Burn off .. on a really old Lite-On LDW-811S.

Every single burn works .. for Wii, Gamecube, PS2, XBOX.

BTW .. using a Wasabi V3 - V5B WiiClipped .. perfect .. well .. thanks to everyone here at the forums!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast