Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taiyo Yuden 8x from rima.com 100 pack = the suck

Taiyo Yuden 8x from rima.com 100 pack = the suck

I bought a 25 pack of DVD+R Verbatims from best buy. They work great, i havent had a single disc read error. I read on here that i should buy -R and that Taiyo Yuden is the best brand. I bought a 100 pack for 31 dollars (most i ever paid for DVDs) and no games work. I played SMG, it played for about 20 minutes and then DRE. I burned wii sports, wont load. I burned at 4x, DRE; i burned at 2x, DRE. I used two diff burners, DRE. Im never buying these again. My advice to you all is dont buy them either.

Banned
    Uhhmmmm alot of people on here state that Verbatim 16x dvd-r are the best lol.

I had read that too before so thats why I had bought the Verbatims in the first place.

Banned
    Yeah stick with Verbatim and you should have no troubles what so ever.

Wiihacks Recommended
    Pro Installer/Store
    what burners are you using ? Are these the premium line made in Japan ?
    Send me a PM if you need any Canadamods.ca support

$9.95 Flat Rate Shipping to Canada & USA
    Official Support for Canadamods. I am here to help.

email: sales@canadamods.ca | website: http://www.canadamods.ca | Phone: +1 416 728 0648

We are the Official Distributors for: P.3Key, Wode JukeBox, WasabiDX, WiiKey, DriveKey, M3i & More - Always Authentic Guarenteed !
    Buy Wode JukeBox v2.0 here: Here

Quote Originally Posted by trE View Post
    I bought a 25 pack of DVD+R Verbatims from best buy. They work great, i havent had a single disc read error. I read on here that i should buy -R and that Taiyo Yuden is the best brand. I bought a 100 pack for 31 dollars (most i ever paid for DVDs) and no games work. I played SMG, it played for about 20 minutes and then DRE. I burned wii sports, wont load. I burned at 4x, DRE; i burned at 2x, DRE. I used two diff burners, DRE. Im never buying these again. My advice to you all is dont buy them either.
    I can say that Taiyo Yudens are the best media ever BUT not for burning wii games. All I ever used was TY for burning dvd's etc and never once in my life had an issue with them untill I got a wii and chipped it. I quickly learned that verbatim's are the only way to go for burning wii games.

I would stick with verbatim's because it has been reliable since the PS1 days.

Wiihacks Recommended
    Pro Installer/Store

TY Media just is not friendly towards the Wii. It works great for everything else. If I've ever had a verbatim not work, then I've found success with Sony or Memorex.

these are the ones i bought

Discs

They may be good discs but I bought them for Wii backups and they failed for that.

what made them work for me was switching burners and burning at 2x. Then no more DREs . Although, i had no problems with sonys DVD-R with the original burner

Are TYs still recommended? Why do DREs occur? I hope i am not damaging the laser

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast